TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Wanted - new master like this

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 990V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted - new master like this
    Posted: Nov/19/2020 at 4:21am
I think I posted this in the Wanted forum last year, but it's vanished, seems that housekeeping kicks in after a while and old posts get swept away. Logical, I suppose.

So, at last it's come near the top of the To Do list again, and I'm looking for a new m/c like this one on my Ambo.
Single circuit, 3/8" outlet.

I want it for the nice big filler cap. I have a replacement from Rock, but it's impossible to see inside their silly little plastic cap without a torch.

Oh, and yes I did get an old one from a helpful Forum member in Australia, and I had it rebuilt, but when I came to fit it I found the outlet was 5/16", so it ended up as an expensive paperweight.

I believe these were used on a variety of cars, not only AMC, and someone kindly posted a link but it's vanished along with the original Topic, so if anyone knows where I can get one, that will be appreciated.

Ivor

63 Canadian Ambo 990 V8 327
Lightweight V8 SIII
Shopping Trolley
typhooner View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typhooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2020 at 6:15pm
EBay you can find these. Same MC
1969 Hurst SC/Rambler A Scheme
1969 Rebel Raider Electric Green (BBG
1969 Rebel Raider Blue You've Never Seen (BBB)
990V8 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 990V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2020 at 2:11pm
Thankyou.
That seems to be a rare beast, I saved a search for it.

I think previously someone pointed to a MOPAR item, I could be wrong. Should have done something about it at the time.

Ivor
Lightweight V8 SIII
Shopping Trolley
typhooner View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typhooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2020 at 3:27pm
1964-65 Plymouth Barracuda and Ford Mustang 1965 has one like that also.

Edited by typhooner - Nov/21/2020 at 3:30pm
1969 Hurst SC/Rambler A Scheme
1969 Rebel Raider Electric Green (BBG
1969 Rebel Raider Blue You've Never Seen (BBB)
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2020 at 3:30pm
Dorman offers several that look like that but I didn’t dig into their specs for specifics.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located near Rochester, NY
Cricket View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cricket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2020 at 9:51pm
That happened to a friend of mine, so he went to the O-Reilly's parts store, and bought a step up adapter, and it worked perfectly. He asked for a 5/16" inverted flare male x 3/8" inverted flare female adapter fitting. They were totally confused, so he asked to look at the brake adapter fittings, and they had several in stock, and did not even know what in the world they were, just button pusher kids who know "SQUAT' about cars! Don't lose hope, it can work. I can't find the link, but this is a pic of one.

Originally posted by 990V8 990V8 wrote:

I think I posted this in the Wanted forum last year, but it's vanished, seems that housekeeping kicks in after a while and old posts get swept away. Logical, I suppose.

So, at last it's come near the top of the To Do list again, and I'm looking for a new m/c like this one on my Ambo.
Single circuit, 3/8" outlet.

I want it for the nice big filler cap. I have a replacement from Rock, but it's impossible to see inside their silly little plastic cap without a torch.

Oh, and yes I did get an old one from a helpful Forum member in Australia, and I had it rebuilt, but when I came to fit it I found the outlet was 5/16", so it ended up as an expensive paperweight.

I believe these were used on a variety of cars, not only AMC, and someone kindly posted a link but it's vanished along with the original Topic, so if anyone knows where I can get one, that will be appreciated.

Ivor

990V8 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 990V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2020 at 3:56am
Aha!
I tried to find an adaptor last year, no luck.
The nearest I came is to fit a 3/8 pipe to a 1/8 NPT outlet.

Now I know they exist in the right size, I'll look harder. Would be a shame to paperweight that cylinder as it cost me over $300 by the time it was shipped and rebuilt with a stainless liner.

Over here in the UK we're largely gone foreign with fittings, but there are some potential sources.

The Mustang cylinder has a 1/8 NPT outlet, so no go as a direct swap. Pipe fittings and threads can be a right pain.

Ivor

Edited by 990V8 - Nov/22/2020 at 4:12am
Lightweight V8 SIII
Shopping Trolley
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic