TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior > HVAC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Vintage Air Super Gen II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calcommon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2022 at 7:04pm
Needless to say I'm not very sophisticated at posting pictures, I didn't buy the bulkhead plate but if I were to do again I would get the four square. As you can see from the pics it's very tight in that corner, the plate would help greatly with installation and reinforce the fire wall. I bought a crimper off of Ebay, it worked well. I bought V.A.'s machined aluminum controls, cut some ABS for a bezel and installed it in the stock location. 
troutwilly View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troutwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2022 at 11:34pm
Thanks for the pics. Your install looks great.
On the hoses and crimps, you did those yourself and no leaks?  I ask because I've had trouble getting my stuff to not leak (brake and fuel lines). I was thinking of having a local guy who does installs do mine but I'm afraid it will come out as he wants it, not me.
On the controls, are they back lit?  My brother-in-law had his installed by the installer and his are not back lit...can't see them at night, but they may not be VA.  Never mind.  the first words in the description are" internally lighted."
Thanks again.

Edited by troutwilly - Jan/01/2022 at 11:38pm
Bill O.
70 AMX
Calcommon View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calcommon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2022 at 10:00am
I'm not on the road yet, so I haven't charged the system. The fittings are a good design and the dies on the crimper are easy to get it right, so I'm pretty confident.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic