TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Twin TorqStorm supercharger kit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverlaketim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Twin TorqStorm supercharger kit
    Posted: May/30/2023 at 8:13pm
Went to Grand Rapids today and picked up my twin blower kit from TorqStorm. Everything is machined
billet and looks very well made ! Can’t wait to get it mounted. Hopefully I will be able to get everything together and make some runs yet this fall.
TL
Repsolroger View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Repsolroger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2023 at 10:19pm
That's going to be awesome ...even the single one looks like that would make a big difference too.....hmmmm ...now to work slot of extra overtime lol
1969 sst javelin restomod
Silverlaketim View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverlaketim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2023 at 7:33am
Repsolroger the single kits runabout 3300.00 but are complete with all plumbing and carb hat. It uses stock alt. And power steering. Twin kits require you to fabricate your own plumbing and buy a carb hat. Twin kits come with alt. And gm style power steering pump also air cond. wich I got the delete pulley for. Of course they both need blow thru carb or injection.
TL
merr6267 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merr6267 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2023 at 7:49am
Can't wait to see it. 
AMXRWB View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2023 at 8:56am
What do your head gaskets think about this? Sounds like a great project.Hope for some photos in the future.
Silverlaketim View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverlaketim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2023 at 1:47pm
Amxrwb will be using cometic. mls head gaskets with arp hardware. The blower kit will be used on multiple engines. The first will be a stout 360 based build .The blowers will be turned down for this one but will still be testing the crank!Hope I don’t find the limit.Second build will be a 401 based stroker with a billet crank. Down the road I hope to try them on an Indy block based build .The blowers will be turned up for the last 2 builds.
TL
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2023 at 5:24pm
 I have the left side TorquueStorm supercharger because of AC I had to adapt and fabricate the bracket for a GM type 2 power steering pump and rework the AC idler as mentioned they don't offer much for accessory setups. I imagine two TorqueStorms superchargers with intercooler would look awesome and crank out some serious power!

J

rgsauger View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgsauger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2023 at 10:45pm
Pics, man.  We gotta see pics!!!
merr6267 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merr6267 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2023 at 7:41am
Tim, I think the twin setup may actually be easier on the crank than a single, at least on the crank snout.  The stresses imparted by a single belt in tension loads the crank in a bending moment off the snout, and while a twin charger system will load more in torsion, the belts are sort of opposed, thereby cancelling a good bit of the tension loading that's trying to pull the end of the crank off.  

Of course, that ignores the actual loading due to power production, but my hypothesis is that a twin setup may be less likely to break the snout off the crank.  

Of course, with your future billet crank setup, it's probably not an issue anyway.  haha.

Phill
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2023 at 9:28am
So have a question on the dual intake filter setup in the picture.
Are you using the hood scoop as a control for boost pressure or is this just for small leaks that may occur at the hood scoop?
Kind of like the idea of being able to control the boost pressure in a unique way.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic