TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Tuned Port Injection AMC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenoshakicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2021 at 2:28pm
That is pretty cool. If AMC had stayed around, could this have been a factory option? :) Next, see if a you can make a Chevy Hilborn injection intake work on the AMC V8.
Boris Badanov View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Badanov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2021 at 2:32pm
I am impressed.

It it just sitting on a 304?

Bore spacing is way different to AMC

Intake Port allignment is off by .7

Head deck angle is off by 10 degrees.

If you cut welded and machined it then it is an awesome job.

AMC is 4.75 bore centers

SBC is 4.4"

Gremlin Dreams
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2021 at 3:09pm
Very cool!
Bore spacing not related to location of intake runners, coolant passages ... for mocking/bolting up.
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2021 at 8:00pm
 No cutting or welding. The intake flange angle is 10 degrees different, AMC is 45 and Chevy is 35 from horizontal plane. The Chevy intake is mostly unmodified with the exception of added rear water port for the AMC heater valve and I had to cut back the fuel line bracket boss on the front of the intake to clear the distributor, I can use that TPI setup on a Chevy and AMC. It's not just sitting there it is fully bolted down with spacers in place of the gaskets.

J
bobsterfl View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobsterfl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2021 at 8:08pm
Any chance you could post a sketch of the spacer/adapter? If you decide to produce these for sale I would probably be interested in a set.
Bobsterfl
1970 BBO Javelin
390 - Torqueflight
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2021 at 8:26pm
 I have some drawings/sketches in top view mostly some revisions were done while machining on the fly that haven't been documented, we just changed our PC's at work to Windows 10 and cannot print until our systems engineers fix that or replace the plotter/printers. I don't have any plans to make more than the one setup I have. 

J
rgsauger View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgsauger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2022 at 7:53am
Dang but that sure is cool!!!  If you are just looking at this as a one-off, a bunch of folks sure would appreciate your design data.  I do a lot of 3D work in Inventor and would be glad to model it.
Class Guy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Class Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2022 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Trader Trader wrote:

Very cool!
Bore spacing not related to location of intake runners, coolant passages ... for mocking/bolting up.

Not true.
Addicted to acceleration.
Owner and Admin for
www.classracerinfo.com
BassBoat View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BassBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2022 at 8:40am
LOL.  Those runners are no where near the intake ports....

tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2022 at 9:42am
Originally posted by BassBoat BassBoat wrote:

LOL.  Those runners are no where near the intake ports....

The injectors are pretty close.  The injectors need to be above each valve.   The air runners just go into a central plenum.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic