TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

tilt column rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2021 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by 71SC360 71SC360 wrote:

Yup, it needs to be removed.. There's actually a special socket from Kent Moore (J-23193) to take off that nut. I found the socket on ebay for $20 shipped. I've been told that you can grind down a regular socket to make it thinner to get it to fit inside the well but I am a firm believer that the right tool for the job works best.

Miller Detroit  C-4117 U 
TILT STRNG LOCK NUT    The wording is old and not so clear as it's been used a time or ten. Had to buff it a bit to find the tool number on it. I think that the middle word is STRNG as if to abbreviate it. 

Do a Google search - they are on eBay now and then.
I forgot that I even had this tool - it's part of the tool stash I got from my former boss years ago along with Kent-Moore tools. 

Likely you'll find the Miller Detroit version a whole lot easier to find than the Kent Moore version.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic