TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

The Driveway Jeep...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2023 at 5:58pm
Happy New Years..!! 

Out with the old stuff.. 

Had to do some work on this poor passenger fender. Still needs some work in the pretty department. 

One with the new. Nothing is bolted down. Had to raise the grille a little bit with some flat washers to raise it up the fenders a little bit. Used a portable power jack to get the passenger fender out enough and a BFH. It's not pretty, but the poor Jeep ain't going to be that pretty anyways. Once the bumper is bolted down, I'll have a good 1/8" between the fenders and the bumper. 

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
BrotherBamc View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2023 at 8:29pm

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2023 at 9:00pm
Started late last night and got the clutch assembly bolted on. Got the jeep on plywood and pulled the grille out. Stabbed the trans and transfer case on and stuffed it in. Still need to figure out the skid plate cross member for the transmission next weekend. 

Thought for a second that I was going to have to pull the front bumper off, but I was able to get it in without having to do that. 

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2023 at 12:49am
Nice looking work.  That front bumper was a great addition.  Love the old girl.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2023 at 8:09pm
Didn't get much done this weekend do to the 16-degree weather we had here this weekend. I did get the belts all aligned pretty well but still need to add a few spacers here and there. Messed up and have to take the driver's side header back off so I can pound the dipstick tube in. Thought I could get it with the header on but it's not going to work that way. 
Still got a pile of stuff that needs to go on, but it is getting closer to the first fire up. 
And I should have painted that master cylinder as it's starting to look like a rusty ole master cylinder. Still might take it off and throw some paint on it. I haven't bled the brakes anyways. "Sigh" 
Also going to have to figure out what to do with the original oil pressure sending unit. It's too big to fit behind the 3G alternator. 
Thank you, Matt, I am also getting pretty attached to the old half worn out girl. Kind of reminds me of the trucks I drive at work. LOL..!! 
I've also been looking at a pair of Curries to stick under the front and rear end. I have a feeling that the worn-out stockers aren't going to handle my heavy foot. 

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2023 at 8:00pm
Didn't get too much done this weekend while dodging rain showers all weekend. 
Belts are all aligned properly, and the heater hoses are on and got new drivelines installed. Destroyed my AFTERMARKET dipstick tube trying to put it in. 
Dropped the header and I use my "Ross" dipstick tube installer. Aftermarket parts are absolute junk sometimes. Dug around in my stuff and found my last NOS one and it went right in with two good whacks with a hammer.  I don't get it sometimes. Ouch

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2023 at 9:39pm
Well guys and gals.. I installed my CHEAP Chinese radiator over the weekend and the aftermarket fan shroud. I had to slot the radiator and the shroud to get it fit, but I got it in. It does lean slightly to one side, but it was the best that I could do. Besides purchasing a whole new AMERICAN made radiator. (if there is such a thing) Broke my brand-new throttle cable trying to install it into the bracket on the intake. Ouch You guessed it.. More cheap Chinese JUNK..!! 
Still got a ton of wiring that needs to be accomplished and I need to figure out where I am going to mount the off-road MSD box. I'll probably mount it on the firewall on the inside of the cab. Figured that would be a safe place to keep it out of the muck, mud and the heat. I've been screaming about aftermarket parts throughout this whole build. Either they don't fit at all, or they have to be modified in some way to be made to fit. What's a guy to do..?? 
It is slowly coming together..!! 

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2023 at 5:44am
Originally posted by BrotherBamc BrotherBamc wrote:

I've been screaming about aftermarket parts throughout this whole build. Either they don't fit at all, or they have to be modified in some way to be made to fit. What's a guy to do..?? 
It is slowly coming together..!! 
Welcome to the club!! Big smile Heck, it even goes for replacement parts as well. All you can do is keep plugging along. It's looking good so far.

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2023 at 4:09pm
Mocked up the fuel system for the EFI. 
Wiring is next... Dead

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2023 at 9:32pm
Started this mess Saturday. Finished up this evening. Found my original throttle cable, cleaned it up and re-used it.

Not too bad of a mess. Still have to wire in a relay/fuse block and the fusible link isn't in the best of shape and needs to be replaced with a fuse. 

Alternator is wired in and this will be running soon. 

Getting kind of "busy"... and I need to find my horn. 

77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
My Garage
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic