TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

THE AUSSIE RAMBLER PARTS INTERCHANGE SECTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
74gremx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74gremx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2015 at 4:06am
Ithought Jeff had the 180 and 90 degree hoses
1970 Javelin 360/727
1974 Levis Gremlin X 304/904
1964 American Convertible
1974 Matador wagon (parts)
2016 Holden Cruze Equipe
2014 Holden Colorado
"Don't mistake activity for achievement".

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2015 at 5:20am
Jeff at RamblerSpares can be contacted on 
 0409830203 or can be emailed on hudson.56@optusnet.com.au Smile
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2016 at 12:29am
One good thing about all getting together at shows like the AMC/Rambler show is chatting with many other owners about cars, parts and listening to and helping with advice about keeping our cars on the road. Here's a neat trick I learnt from Bob Berry at the AMC/Rambler show here in Albury/Wodonga the other week. The bonnet springs on Hornets are far too strong and in many cases can cause damage to the bonnett over time. I have seen many bonnetts kinked in the middle. I put some NOS bonett hinges on my Hornet with plenty of lube and it still felt like the bonnett was going to fold in half everytime I closed it. EASY solution I learnt from Bob is EJ/EH bonnet springs. I just put some on my Hornet and they are perfect. Strong enough to hold bonnet up but nice and smooth/easy to close. Thanks Bob. Oh and dont do what i did. I changed one side no worries then when I took the original Hornet one off the other side the single EH spring already on wasnt strong enough now on its own and bonnett came crashing down onto my arm and other hand. If my arm wasnt there I may have been picking my nose with my other hand from now on after losing a few fingers. Put something like a broom to hold bonnett up first Smile  
ryder6330 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryder6330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2016 at 5:24pm
Tent poles are great for this. They only about $10 and adjustable so you can get the length right.
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2022 at 6:09pm
Gates universal fuel filler neck hose 24712 fits '64 classic sedan.
Mostly last. View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2023 at 7:48am
  For approx 3.5 turns lock to lock steering on an Aussie AMX.

Find a,-
Jeep Cherokee XJ RHD steering box. 1994-2001
Aeroflow fittings For high pressure line,-
2  of     AF204-06DS  120 degree Full swivel teflon fitting.
1 of      AF354-06SS   Power steering adapter 5/8" - 18mm to 6AN  ( Pump reservoir )
1 of      AF352-06SS   Power steer adapter     18mm to 6AN         ( Steering box )
1 of      AF200-06-2MBLK    2 mtr 200 series Black SS Braided hose.  ( High pressure line )

That's the high pressure side done. 

The hard part of the project is clearing the underside of the made in Australia Bosch alternator with the low pressure return line. 
 First one I did I went to a wrecking yard and found a 16mm O ring fitting on a piece of pipe, bent and cut, welded it to suit. Second one, bought an Edelmann 39106 Jeep steering box return line fitting and bent it a little more to suit. Much neater and easier. You can use your existing low pressure return line hose.

Also need a rag joint end to suit 3/4" shaft 30 spline to adapt your steering shaft to the Jeep steering box. Make sure you have a good earth across the rag joint so your horn works.

69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
Ruby loye View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ruby loye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2023 at 8:24am
G’day mates,

Writing from the states and I have to say over the years following the Ozzie enthusiasts 
I am fully impressed with your ability to source things out and make them work. Now while I do like things to be original: parts that work,work. When it comes down to going up the road, keeping it safe and mechanically sound is just fine in my book. Big shout out to Gino in NSW and I’d buy you guys a pint any day !

Cheers!

Mark
Beer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic