TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

TEAM AMX, info and pics?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2022 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by bigd82647 bigd82647 wrote:

Still looking for info on the #60? I worked on it at AMC summer of '69.

I am sure there are going to be quite a few people VERY happy to hear from you. It's just that this area of the forum doesn't get as much traffic as most. I'm definitely sitting here on the sidelines excited to learn more about this AMC racing heritage! Thanks for coming aboard!!!
XRX744 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2022 at 10:50pm
I just PM'd you bigd82647, I would love to hear anything you can tell us about the car. Weight, suspension tweaks, interior and engine bay color, etc. Did you guys move weight around on the car to get it balanced? Any idea on what the sticker is on the front passenger side of the hood? This shot is from Daytona as well, its on the back of the AMX book.
Any info helps.

Edited by XRX744 - May/16/2022 at 8:51am
69 AMX, pro touring /track car, TEAM tribute, aka: "The Kenosha Corncob"
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2022 at 10:28am
Andy is the short one in the center without the RWB jacket. He was just a co-op then and no one told him that they were going to take pictures that day.  I will try to get his phone number for you. He might remember some stuff that would help you.  Phil Tony (far right) has passed but he told me that the rear bumper was full of lead.  Tom Best is one of the guys crouching down. I have information on his son somewhere. I will see if i can find it. 
IMG_3955 by Rick Jones, on Flickr
klvn8r View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klvn8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2022 at 8:34pm
Thanks for posting that, Rick.  I'm one to contend that the dog leg head was prototyped (and probably USED!) in 1969, possibly/probably by Kaplan's TA effort, and almost assuredly in the baby Grand series.  My evidence of that would be those weird/cobbled "header" on the Paschal car.   I've got the pics somewhere....  Anyhow, we know that Jim Alexander, and Phil Tony have passed on.....I spoke to Ike Knupp many years ago, miraculously survived a motorcycle crash in his elder years!  I would doubt he is still around in 2022.

Anyhow, thanks for the input!!!!  The TEAM #60 car is my favorite 2 seater as well.

klvn8r
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2022 at 4:25pm
AMC was working on the "dog leg" port in early to mid 1968- it's mentioned in some of the early SAE papers.  
Clu View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2022 at 6:03pm
I think you can’t post pictures until you hit 30 points (meaning that you’ve responded or posted on the various boards here 30 times)

This was meant for bigd82647 trying to figure out how to post pictures earlier. 

Edited by Clu - Jun/09/2022 at 6:07pm
Javelin_GT View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2022 at 6:13pm
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2022 at 6:17pm
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2022 at 6:20pm
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2022 at 6:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic