TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

TEAM AMX, info and pics?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klvn8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2017 at 5:10pm
Jim Alexander spoke with me many years ago at AMO Kenosha.  I have a 68 AMX vintage car, built similar to the TEAM car, but no real 'history' other than vintage races.  He declared back then that he and Phil Tony traced the car back to Randall, and it had been crushed, possibly by accident.  After the 69 season, it was run by an independent guy out of Oklahoma, I think, and was #6.  Future ex-wife sent it to the next owner.

klvn8r
XRX744 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2017 at 9:40am
Thanks Klvn8r. Thats the story I have heard. I'm sure it was avery used up race car by the time they got done with it. It went to #6 when Ike Knupp ran it towards the end  of the season, then to the independent guy. Looks like the Randalls kept it that way too, the 2nd picture in the thread is probably soon after the Randalls started racing it. I'd still like to find some more pictures of it. The rule book is on the Camaro site and spells out could and couldn't be done on it.But being a body in white would have gave them some creative possibilities for sure. My main questions was the interior, trunk, and eng compartment all the same gray? And did they use the stock gauges or aftermarket inside the bezel. I notice the hood pins are in the same spot as the T/A Javelins, same with the bumper screen and cut opening.
69 AMX, pro touring /track car, TEAM tribute, aka: "The Kenosha Corncob"
klvn8r View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klvn8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2017 at 8:40pm
I believe the second owner was Brad Booker (or Brooker, as I've seen it typed both ways) and I think that is when 60, became 6.  Booker was out of Oklahoma, and I was given a print of the car sitting in the pits at Green Valley Raceway, Ft Worth, Tx.  If you're on the Camaro group forum, you've probably seen some of my posts there too.

klvn8r

XRX744 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2017 at 9:36am
Lots of good info over on the Camaro forum for sure, I enjoyed reading your posts Klvn8r. After reviewing most of the photos I have, I'm pretty sure the car was #6 by the end of the season. Maybe it coincides with the "union 76" sponsor. That decal appears on the rear 1/4, replacing the 343 CI. All of the TEAM stickers are still in place then as well. I also believe that the 2nd owner is when the "Stauffer Tires" decal showed up, replacing the Union 76. Also the "BP" went behind the meatball, instead of in front.
The first picture below shows it as #6, BP in front, union 76 decal and TEAM decals in place. The second picture is from Ike Knupps driver profile, same decal layout. Picture is supposedly from Daytona 1969 Nov,30th. Both pictures could be from the same race.

XRX744 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2017 at 9:41am
I believe this is may be your pic Klvn8r. Shows the car in the pits. Note the lack of Union 76, addition of Stauffer and BP moved.Although it looks like the front fender is red and has no white stripe.

The second pic is when Randall started racing it.

Slate View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2017 at 10:57pm
You can see the bent bumper too. If you want pics of the interior contact Mike Randall in Chandler AZ.

Steve
XRX744 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2017 at 10:17pm
Thank you for the idea Slate, don't know what I didn't think of that sooner. Thanks to the miracle of Facebook, you can get in touch with people easily.

XRX744 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2017 at 8:49pm
Got this from the Randall Facebook page.

Edited by XRX744 - Nov/13/2017 at 8:52pm
bigd82647 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigd82647 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2022 at 12:30am
I worked on the TEAM AMX as an engineering, summer intern at AMC in 1969. I have a good picture of it in front of the AMC HQ on Plymouth Rd but I can't figure out how to copy it and post.
bigd82647 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigd82647 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2022 at 8:42pm
Still looking for info on the #60? I worked on it at AMC summer of '69.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic