TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Superlite Wheels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScreamerX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Superlite Wheels
    Posted: Nov/30/2020 at 3:41pm
WTB:  17x8  5x4.5    4.5bs  Superlite wheels.  They look like the old Minitlite wheels.   Looking for 4 used wheels.

Thanks

Edited by ScreamerX - Dec/01/2020 at 2:18pm
AMXFSTBK390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFSTBK390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2020 at 6:13pm
psvintagewheels.com in Los Angeles makes authentic historical race wheels. He made a set of 17 x 8 GT40 wheels for my 68 Mustg FSTBK that turned out perfect. Nordstrom pricing but Nordstrom quality. He makes  a 17" x 8" T/A-II wheel in various bs. See photo.
Questions are powerful tools...what's in your toolbox?
mbwicz View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbwicz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2020 at 7:53pm
VTOwheels.com has 17x8.  They do custom offset and bolt circles, I got mine in about a week.  $265 each, wheels are made in china and the final machining is done in Arizona.

All 17x8 are from the same blank.  Think of the 0 offset wheels as having a 12 mm spacer cast in (you can go up to +12mm offset with this casting).

The polish was OK on my wheels, I'm going to polish mine before mounting.

Mike

Edited by mbwicz - Nov/30/2020 at 7:57pm
1970 AMX. Holy Crap its easy to spend money on this car!
ScreamerX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScreamerX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2020 at 9:11am
Thanks Mike and AMXFSTBK.  Both are solid alternatives I wasn't aware of.  

I've revised my 'wanted' add to include looking for used wheels.  Trying to save some $.  If anyone has, or knows of someone who has, a set of this style wheel they want to sell, would appreciate hearing.  
AMXFSTBK390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFSTBK390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2020 at 8:01pm
BTW: Something has always bothered me about those wheels, and it is even number of spokes and odd number of lug stud holes. This is more obvious on a 15 inch wheel because some of the lug stud holes interfere with the shape of the spoke. The 17" wheel has for room so this doesn't happen. The first picture you posted illustrates this.
Questions are powerful tools...what's in your toolbox?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic