TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Supercharged AMC ambassador project:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2022 at 10:15pm

Just because people are stupid and lazy 50+years later doesn’t mean the Borg Warner automatic transmissions are bad

Edited by sweatlock - May/08/2022 at 10:20pm
hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2022 at 8:08pm
Thumbs Up
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2022 at 8:32pm
I’ve looked high and low for parts and details to improve the BW transmission without much success. Call ma lazy, I’ll just use a TF727 or TH400 or maybe something else entirely and have one less thing to worry about.
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
Skwishy View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skwishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2022 at 10:39am
Originally posted by WesternRed WesternRed wrote:

I’ve looked high and low for parts and details to improve the BW transmission without much success. Call ma lazy, I’ll just use a TF727 or TH400 or maybe something else entirely and have one less thing to worry about.

Do i need to machine the crank to adapt to a TF? I thought they made adapter kits?
HFD Helmet #33
'68 AMC Ambassador SST. always looking for parts and cool stories. In dire need of a manual trans.
javsst70 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javsst70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2022 at 12:06pm
They do make adapters, but if you're going to the expense to put together an engine with that much HP, do you want it running through an adapter?
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2022 at 7:12pm
Yep, and much easier to machine the crank while the engine is apart, saves you having to track down an adapter kit.
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic