TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

suggested buffing methods/supplies?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2007 at 2:17am
I can fully appreciate your wanting to be careful. That is exactly the way I felt through the body work process
and into the prime then filler prime stages. I originally was going to paint my car and then decided to have a Professional handle that for me. Putting all the chrome pieces back on without damaging the paint was my most stressfull part of the project. Man Bill,
I sincerely wish the very very best for You and Your Family, Your health issues are of great concern.
Our Thoughts and Prayers are with You...

Regards, Dave...
Dave...
"69 AMX" Go-Pak
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2007 at 10:43pm
eek, don't use that- that's a grinder, not a buffer.  pick up a makita or even one of the HF cheapies that go s l o w
FamlyTradition View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FamlyTradition Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2007 at 3:47pm
1) I like the 3M line, works good. 2) You shouldn't have to buff to get new paint to shine. Usualy you buff clear coat to get out trash (dust, a bug,...) or to get rid of some of the orange peel after wet sanding, or where you're blending paint. Just my two centsErmm. BE CAREFUL AROUND THE EDGES.
65 Rambler Classic 550 & 660
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic