TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Stereo Project(Finished)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stereo Project(Finished)
    Posted: Dec/19/2010 at 1:17am

Most projects on my car I try to do myself and then I enjoy them tell it's time for the next level of expertise.My stereo is the next victim,It now consists of a JVC head unit,3x5 in the doors,6 1/2 in the package tray area,all pioneer speakers from 1993.Added a 700 watt 5 ch. Lightning Audio amp and 10 in. Infinity sub in a closed box.The system sounds great but with technology that's 17 years old and a lingering pet peeve I decided to do something new.The pet peeve that is starting this project is that the dash is out of a 71 jav as our the window pillars,for some reason the pillars don't reach the window showing the window gasket.Well after 15 years I needed to fix this,so I'm having tweeters installed in the pillars and adding material to the pillar so they'll fit tight to the window.Here's some pics..The tweeters are alpine componets that also include 5 in. midrange speakers with crossovers included.The 5 in. speakers are located in the kick panels.In the trunk there'll be two 8 in. JL audio subs and a Alpine 5 ch. amp putting out 700 watts.Here's the finished before picture.,.Now tore apart..Here is a couple pictures of the new sub boxes,amp and speakers..That's as far as the project has come so far I'll post more pics as the work gets done.Thanks for looking Mike

Edited by ramblynn - Apr/10/2011 at 6:23pm
1970 Javelin sst,390,4spd
amcrules00 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcrules00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2010 at 9:23am
Looks like a very clean install. You've got a 2nd gen dash in an early Jav? Can't wait to see the final product all put back together. Keep us posted, OK?
ramblynn View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2010 at 7:38pm
amcrules00
Heres a pic of the dash,well keep the stereo pics coming..
Thanks Mike
amcrules00 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcrules00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2010 at 8:40pm
A very tastefully done custom for sure. I may be biased, but 2nd generation Javelin dashes have always been one of my all time favorites. Yours really looks great, is that a Dakota digital gauge pkg I see there? Custom console, what did the seats come out of?

Edited by amcrules00 - Dec/19/2010 at 8:42pm
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2010 at 10:43pm

That is sweet! I was thinking of doing tweeters in the pillars but was going to use a gauge pod cut and molded to each side as I did not think there was room for the tweeter if added to the stock cover. Would like a little more detail on the mod to the stock covers to fit tweeters if you can.

I want to do a system that looks old school but sounds like Today’s systems but might be hard as it all starts with the head unit and not much out there fit the stock dash with out cutting it up and that is not going to happen.

Dave ----

TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
ramblynn View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 1:04am
Hi again amcrules00
I'm biased to,the 70 dash to me was the most boring dash they put in the javelin,the 68,9 dash had more character also but the 71,4 with the wrap around feature was my favorite.The guages are cyberdyne from around 1992.Console is your run of the mill auto store style that had rear cupholders and a cooler inside that I fiberglassed together and made the top the way it looks now.I wanted a armrest back since the removal of the factory flip-up center console.The seats are ouy of a 4 dr. 1986 dodge lancer hatchback,the sportiest seats I ever saw in that kinda car.
FuzzFace2
Thats the part of the project the stereo store is doing,Buy I know they cut a hole in the pillar for a tweeter insert then bondoed it in place.I don't know if the picture shows it but it is built out a little,also for the stereo sound they were looking for there angled a certain way towards the windshield.After they were bondoed and fitted to the windshield they were wrapped in vinyl to match the dash.I think you could do a system like you want,I could ask the shop I'm using what they think?What do you want for equipment in your car?
Mike
imacarfan2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imacarfan2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 6:45am
I'm hot huge on custom dashes, but that is one of the best and cleanest setups I've ever seen! Looks good!
67 Ambo conv
68 AMX
68 Ambo 4 door
70 Ambo 4 door
(2) 71 Hornets (1 SC/360)
73 Hornet 2 door
77 Matador coupe
77 Sportabout
78 Concord 2 door
81 Concord wagon
73hornut View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73hornut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 7:46am
 Always something new Mike, what's next new IRS suspension? You need a new 70 AMX project. Jim

Edited by 73hornut - Dec/20/2010 at 7:47am
71 Javelin
74 Gremlin
79 Spirit AMX
Rogue Valley Rumblers
Like Us on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1602825606650796
ramblynn View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 6:44pm
Thanks imacarfan2

Hi Jim
If one had the funds the setup from control freak would be on the car already.As far as another project again that means funds so that ain't happening.The pil;ar thing was just bugging me and the labor trade offer was to good to pass up.Hope things down south are going well!Have a great holiday.Say hi to Jim.
Mike
73hornut View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73hornut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by ramblynn ramblynn wrote:

Thanks imacarfan2

Hi Jim
If one had the funds the setup from control freak would be on the car already.As far as another project again that means funds so that ain't happening.The pil;ar thing was just bugging me and the labor trade offer was to good to pass up.Hope things down south are going well!Have a great holiday.Say hi to Jim.
Mike

Ya, I like the control freak stuff also. Funds, what are they, I can barely afford to get my hood done. If I know you though, it will be over the top! Merry Christmas. Jim
71 Javelin
74 Gremlin
79 Spirit AMX
Rogue Valley Rumblers
Like Us on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1602825606650796
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic