TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Spirit Sx/4 rear window louver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerkilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spirit Sx/4 rear window louver
    Posted: Feb/23/2020 at 3:28pm
So I have been making the side louvers from abs plastic for a few years now. Every time someone asked me about sides they wanted to know about the rear. I always had to say have to get lucky and try to find one..

Well I took it upon my self to built a New aluminum 7 slat rear louvers. All hand made along with the mounted hardware. This is my prototype one but will be making limiter quantities of these as they take a good amount of time to build. This is my design and did not copy any other companies.. It has my measurements, my mounting hardware along with my edge design. 

One pictured still needs 3/4 side trim lok but I am waiting on samples to arrive before choosing which fits the best. These are made from .080 aluminum. Oe ones were around .060 so these are much sturdier. 

Price is going to be around 600 a set. I am trying to work with local powder coater to see what a set would cost to get done

69BBB3904spAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69BBB3904spAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2020 at 5:27pm
Very nice!
37 Ford Tudor 60 hp V8 flathead, all original, never restored
69BBB3904spAMX
70 Camaro 1st car
74 Hornet Hatch 6 cyl floor/auto
2007,2008,2009 PT Cruisers
Aluminum Deck Car Trailer
rjpspirit82 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjpspirit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2020 at 11:42am
Originally posted by racerkilla racerkilla wrote:

So I have been making the side louvers from abs plastic for a few years now. Every time someone asked me about sides they wanted to know about the rear. I always had to say have to get lucky and try to find one..

Well I took it upon my self to built a New aluminum 7 slat rear louvers. All hand made along with the mounted hardware. This is my prototype one but will be making limiter quantities of these as they take a good amount of time to build. This is my design and did not copy any other companies.. It has my measurements, my mounting hardware along with my edge design. 

One pictured still needs 3/4 side trim lok but I am waiting on samples to arrive before choosing which fits the best. These are made from .080 aluminum. Oe ones were around .060 so these are much sturdier. 

Price is going to be around 600 a set. I am trying to work with local powder coater to see what a set would cost to get done

racerkilla View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerkilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2020 at 7:19pm
I have made a handful of these sets. I had them sent out an powder coated. I have come to the conclusion I will no longer be making these. From the amount of time it takes, to material cost and the issue of shipping them. 
rjpspirit82 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjpspirit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2020 at 6:46pm
Hello.I sent you an email a couple of days ago about your side window louvers. I was wanting to know if your still making these any more,if you are please drop me a line.randy. randy.paradis@yahoo.com           Thank you. Randy Paradis
racerkilla View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerkilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2020 at 6:50pm
I had sent an email back. I will resend another
GPA311 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPA311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2021 at 6:39pm
Do you have any louver sets left?
1979amcspirit View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1979amcspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2022 at 8:58pm
Wow very nice work on the side window louvers... Wondering if these are still available would look really sharp on my car. I already have the rear and have been searching for side windows... If you could email me @ marcupper@gmail.com would be amazing. Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic