TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

S/C 360

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2022 at 7:46pm
There's nothing quite like a fresh engine!  SC360s are cool.  Great to see that you're giving it some love.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

hacksaw1971 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2022 at 4:00pm
well ... we will mate them up tomarow .... been almost 2 years. she is still purple but il have her back on the road  next week .. i hope. and no .. im not using the big jav shifter. 

its the little things that make the biggest difference
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2022 at 10:41pm
well ... its as ready as its going to get ....  now we wait on the weather.

LetsFNgo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LetsFNgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2022 at 9:27am
Great car. SC/360’s have grown on me a lot lately. 
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2023 at 10:42am
ok ...  as we know our cars love to rot where ya can't see it.... so i was a bit nervice when i pulled the front clip today to finish the engine bay and swap out the drum breaks. I got this car knowing it had been beat on as a racer most of its life and was exspecting the worst.. happy to report she is looking better than thunk it would. . the mill is going back in this week. buddy going on a vacation and is going to let me use his shop while he is gone. ...  very happy with what i found....
not perfict but much better than most

Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2023 at 10:46pm
Monday morning. She is at the shop ready as its going to get for the new mill.  ain't feeling my best and just want her back on the road so i can grab gears one more time. I can tinker with the engine bay as I go along. had to take the mill back apart because I didn't like what I seen. Glad i did. on a good note.  Thay did a nice job balancing it, Very smooth Got the free flow on the pass side without do much trouble. There's more room than I thunk for it.

Edited by hacksaw1971 - Feb/17/2023 at 11:15pm
1948kaiser View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1948kaiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2023 at 5:27am
what is a big jav shifter please?
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2023 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by 1948kaiser 1948kaiser wrote:

what is a big jav shifter please?
its a Hurst comp. plus with a offset handle mounting. it just happened to come out of a 73 javelin. Don't think its a factory AMC thing. That I know of anyway. im guessing its a GM piece. 

Edited by hacksaw1971 - Feb/23/2023 at 1:36am
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2023 at 6:11pm
lasted a day. Airtex fuel pump died and Collapsed 3 lifters. cam looks like it lived. It mite just be me.  But it sure seems parts are getting more cheaply made these days. 

Edited by hacksaw1971 - Feb/18/2023 at 6:19pm
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2023 at 6:39pm
So how did the Airtex fuel pump collapse three lifters? Is this a mechanical fuel pump and the diaphragm ruptured, diluting the oil with gasoline? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic