TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Rotating flywheel against TC for balance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cnagorka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2021 at 4:08pm
I just looked up there and saw that it looked wrong- I replaced the front engine mounts a couple years ago but didn't do the rear/transmission mount, so as a matter of course I looked at it...but I didn't seriously think it would do anything. I've replaced mounts before in situations where they looked bad and thought it would help the situation, only to have nothing change. Fortunately this one was different! I will say I kind of hesitated getting under there and doing this because I had such an awful time with the '61 Ambo but those mounts are totally different and this only took about an hour to replace (as opposed to days with the '61).
1961 Ambassador Custom, 1967 Ambassador 990, 1960 Rambler Six Super, '65 American 440
1958 rambler super View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1958 rambler super Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2021 at 11:01am
Yep! On my rambler super the flywheel has only one way it bolts onto the volcano butt crankshaft.
But I'm sure the Bellhouse mount would be tricky to replace with the engine and Trans mated.
Good thing I don't have to do that. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic