TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Rockford Rambler?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trewyn15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rockford Rambler?
    Posted: Apr/01/2015 at 12:06pm
Hey all,

Does anyone here have any information for the Rockford Rambler?  It appears that's where my car was purchased from so I'm curious if anyone had ever been there, maybe worked there or had an paperwork left over from there?

Thanks!
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Night Edition
2000 Trans Am WS6
1989 Trans Am GTA
1989 Grand Prix ASC/McLaren
1983 AMC Concord DL
1966 AMC Rambler Rebel Classic
Slate View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2015 at 12:53pm
I was going to say Rockford? Jim Rockford?LOL
Frank (Farna) is a pretty damm good info source on old dealers.
Check below if you come up dry here. 

Steve

kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2015 at 3:37pm
Rockford Rambler was a large AMC dealership outside of Chicago. Larry Mitchell was in the same town and had a fair amount on them over the years. I bought a Concord that was sold new there once - the sticker on the trunk was their "new" name - I can't remember what it was, but BillD has that car and could probably tell you.
AMO Newsletter Editor
trewyn15 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trewyn15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2015 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Slate Slate wrote:

I was going to say Rockford? Jim Rockford?LOL
Frank (Farna) is a pretty damm good info source on old dealers.
Check below if you come up dry here. 

Steve

I'd be lying if I said I even knew who Jim Rockford is haha

I have been looking at Frank's site and I've been talking to him a bit about other things related to my Rambler, Maybe I'll have to bring this up as well.

Thanks for the heads up!

Originally posted by kirkwood kirkwood wrote:

Rockford Rambler was a large AMC dealership outside of Chicago. Larry Mitchell was in the same town and had a fair amount on them over the years. I bought a Concord that was sold new there once - the sticker on the trunk was their "new" name - I can't remember what it was, but BillD has that car and could probably tell you.

It's not far from me at all, I actually go to Rockford a decent amount.

Here is what I have on my trunk... it's not a whole lot, but it's some.. just trying to find if I can reproduce this sticker at all properly.

2000 Trans Am WS6
1989 Trans Am GTA
1983 AMC Concord DL
Slate View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2015 at 9:02am
There is this as well from a few years ago, but they are dealers in Rockford, Illinois but not with that name. Frank could add to this:http://www.amcyclopedia.org/node/1785

Steve

Ram Air Rick View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ram Air Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2015 at 9:37am
A friend of mine has a cherry low mile original 1969 390 4 spd (non Go Pac) AMX that his father purchased from that dealer new.

Here's a few pics.:

tbenvie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbenvie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2015 at 9:15pm
Here is a link:

http://superstockamx.com/page90.php

Halfway down is an ad from the dealership, and right below that is a picture of their 343 Rogue race car.
Thomas M. Benvie
Budwisr View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budwisr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2015 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Ram Air Rick Ram Air Rick wrote:

A friend of mine has a cherry low mile original 1969 390 4 spd (non Go Pac) AMX that his father purchased from that dealer new.

Here's a few pics.:

I reconize that car. That was Frank's car, a friend of my father. If I remember correctly it had about 15K miles just a few years ago. Frank also was the original owner of a couple Reo's. I remember him saying that he never bought an "old" car.

1970 AMX 1980 AMX
<br
Ram Air Rick View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ram Air Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2015 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Budwisr Budwisr wrote:

Originally posted by Ram Air Rick Ram Air Rick wrote:

I reconize that car. That was Frank's car, a friend of my father. If I remember correctly it had about 15K miles just a few years ago. Frank also was the original owner of a couple Reo's. I remember him saying that he never bought an "old" car.

That's the original owner Bud...

His son cares for it now. Has 24,000 miles on it.

Super nice car and people...

Rich C.
trewyn15 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trewyn15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2015 at 12:58pm
Hey all, I kind of abandoned this post for a bit, but I wanted to thank you guys for the pictures!  I'm actually going to get a decal remade, here's a PNG file for anyone that would like to do the same!

2000 Trans Am WS6
1989 Trans Am GTA
1983 AMC Concord DL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic