TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Repro Spirit Concord AMX Gremlin GT Flares

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2021 at 4:01pm
I received a set of black welts today and they look really nice!  Wish I was ready to put them on!
Thanks Dave and all.
Victor
79 AMX-original owner, 304 (now 360) w/ 998
88 GW
74 AMX-in my younger days. Plum purple with white stripes, white interior, 304, auto
SCRAGTOP View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCRAGTOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2021 at 8:45pm
Thank you for purchasing a set.  As a reminder, a hair dryer may help to shape those into the tight radiuses at the bottom and let them lay on the flair and help to conform them to the flair.  I also think the factory cut pie shaped pieces out of the back of them to help them bend around those bottom radiuses.  The ones that appear white are actually "natural".

We are thinking about doing the 77/78 Targa band plastic strips...  Will keep everyone posted.

Jon
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2021 at 3:46pm
All,
I am traveling for a while.  If you want flare welting, let SCRAGTOP know and he will get you taken care of.     Wink

VR,
Dave
Dan1500 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan1500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2021 at 10:20am
I'm interested in Targa band strips if you get there at least one and probably two sets.  I looked into having them extruded but couldn't make the cost work out to anything reasonable
garweb3 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garweb3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2021 at 6:31pm
I would also like to purchase a set.
1974 Javelin AMX
1980 Spirit AMX
1987 Jeep Comanche Sportruck
Benjispr View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjispr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2021 at 9:29am
Any more info on the targa band straps? I would be interested also. Also is there any hornet amx fender flairs that have been reproduced?
SCRAGTOP View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCRAGTOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2021 at 7:28pm
We hope to have the TARGA band pieces done by the end of August.  Might happen a little sooner but right now plan for the end of August.

Plastic extrusion is not cheap!  The minimum run from my manufacturer is 1000 feet.  The TARGA band probably takes 14 total feet (two pieces).  I will probably end up selling somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 or 15 sets.  But lets say I sell 20 sets, that uses about 280 feet.  I'll probably sit on the other material for the rest of my life (I'm 55).  So when we set the price for these please understand the development costs and the ULTRA SMALL market.  I am confident that we won't recoup the cost we have in them bringing them to market.  I am doing it because I love AMCs!

We took 7 sets of the 78/79 fender flair welting out to Colorado.  We sold 3 sets.  Realistically, we'll probably sell another 15 to 20 sets and be sitting on the rest of them for a long time.  Its just how it is in such a small market.  People were hesitant to plunk down 100 bucks for a set of 4 fender flare welts.  100 bucks will get you a tank of gas and two burger meals at Burger King for you and the wife.  That's about how far 100 bucks goes now-a-days.

Please be mindful of the SMALL market and the MONEY it cost to produce them with no likely hood of ever selling them all and breaking even or edging out a minor profit.  I am sure other people on the forum have produced stuff for our cars and are in the same boat.  Please support us when we do bring good products to our small community of AMC lovers.
Smatoska View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smatoska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2021 at 11:13am
Hello there. Can you provide any information regarding the Amx flares. Did the ever get reproduced?
73hornut View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73hornut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2021 at 10:36pm
Reproduction front spoiler 79 amx?
71 Javelin
74 Gremlin
79 Spirit AMX
Rogue Valley Rumblers
Like Us on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1602825606650796
Smatoska View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smatoska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2021 at 5:12pm
No the fender flares maybe including the front air dam. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>
  Share Topic