TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Recommendations for Ultrasonic Cleaner Fluid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommendations for Ultrasonic Cleaner Fluid
    Posted: Jul/27/2020 at 7:38pm
Using for carbs mostly......Never had one before......What's been your experience with fluids and techniques?
they call me Capt RETIRED!
Mac VP View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac VP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2020 at 5:34am
We use one in our transmission rebuilding shop to clean the gears and related parts. Mostly steel and cast iron pieces, so I can’t say how any zinc or pot metal parts would do. We’ve used Simple Green and other similar soap based cleaning fluids......mixed about 50/50 with clean water. Works great but it helps extend the life of the solution by precleaning the parts if they’re particularly greasy/dirty. At some point we have to drain the stuff and refill with fresh solution but its a timesaver. Pop the parts in for 6-8 minutes and work on something else for awhile.....come back and flip the parts over after a quick wipe, then run for another 5-7 minutes. The heat is also important for the cleaning process. 

We rinse and blow off the parts immediately so there is no flash rusting. I wouldn’t trade my ultrasonic cleaner for anything (except maybe a bigger one).
turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2020 at 8:00am
Interesting.  I would not have thought it would be that effective.  Thanks
they call me Capt RETIRED!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic