TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Rear window louvers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAPTAIN46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2023 at 6:15pm
Looks great I’ll have them powder coated next. 
Stay tuned. Thanks again to all who contribute to the positive
Response. To enhance the contributions to such an amazing
Company. Always looking for the next big auction to buy
More amazing cars for my collection. 
And keep the wanna be wish they could buy one poor shoe shine boys in there place. Hahahahahaha

Edited by CAPTAIN46 - May/22/2023 at 7:53pm
Regatta Blue 69 AMX GOPAK
roadventure View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadventure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2023 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by CAPTAIN46 CAPTAIN46 wrote:

No but he sells great parts this is the one he sold me and it fits superb. The ad shows mustang for you purist that love to break chops but same company that made the ones that fit perfect.  Not some back yard flimsy uncle bobs toothless country auction wanna be owner of stuff.
But then again I paid up like I always do when I want something.

Ahhhhhh..... the ad shows a Corvette.
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2023 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by roadventure roadventure wrote:

Originally posted by CAPTAIN46 CAPTAIN46 wrote:

No but he sells great parts this is the one he sold me and it fits superb. The ad shows mustang for you purist that love to break chops but same company that made the ones that fit perfect.  Not some back yard flimsy uncle bobs toothless country auction wanna be owner of stuff.
But then again I paid up like I always do when I want something.

Ahhhhhh..... the ad shows a Corvette.

But says they’re for Mustangs…
CAPTAIN46 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAPTAIN46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2023 at 6:00pm
That was just the advertisement…

Regatta Blue 69 AMX GOPAK
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadventure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2023 at 6:22pm
i was looking here to gain knowledge.  I have a rear window louver from a 77/78 Hornet.  Setting it on the rear window of my 69 AMX it looks like it will fit well.  But, I need to figure out a way yo mount it.  It has a ~9" long piano hinge on the center top.  I imagine the Hornet has a facility for mounting that way but nobody has been able to provide any photos of how that happened.  So, I'll figure something out.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2023 at 7:28pm
Sport shades was a mediocre fit.....Not specifically for amc but that's what we had.
they call me Capt RETIRED!
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2023 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by roadventure roadventure wrote:

i was looking here to gain knowledge.  I have a rear window louver from a 77/78 Hornet.  Setting it on the rear window of my 69 AMX it looks like it will fit well.  But, I need to figure out a way yo mount it.  It has a ~9" long piano hinge on the center top.  I imagine the Hornet has a facility for mounting that way but nobody has been able to provide any photos of how that happened.  So, I'll figure something out.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

On the 77 Hornet AMX, I thought the hinge was welded to the body, and then screwed, or riveted to the louvers?  Or maybe it was riveted to the body? I had a Hornet AMX that had the louvers removed by a previous owner, but the hinge was still attached to the body.  Anyway, someone here will know.

I don't think I've ever heard that the Hornet louvers are a good fit for the 68-70 AMX, always the opposite, but I've never tried it.
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadventure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2023 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Stevep Stevep wrote:

On the 77 Hornet AMX, I thought the hinge was welded to the body, and then screwed, or riveted to the louvers?  Or maybe it was riveted to the body? I had a Hornet AMX that had the louvers removed by a previous owner, but the hinge was still attached to the body.  Anyway, someone here will know.

I don't think I've ever heard that the Hornet louvers are a good fit for the 68-70 AMX, always the opposite, but I've never tried it.

Thanks!  The info about the piano hinge possibly having been welded to the Hornet body seems viable.  I suppose is COULD be welded to the AMX as well, but there is no way I want to get involved in that level of modification to attach it.

Eventually I'll make a move and "invent" a way to attach it.  Having the louver would do wonders to reduce the heat gain from that large rear window and the interior would also benefit by being shielded from the sunlight that fades the carpet.
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2023 at 6:42pm
Summit Racing has a louver mounting kit available, I goes under Rear Window Louver Hardware Kit SUM-WL 10556-1 . It's is $40 plus tax and shipping. LRDaum

It would seem the AMc people are not the only looking mount rear window louvers. LRD
LRDaum
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadventure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2023 at 6:51am
mramc,

Good suggestion.  I have looked at what Summit offers.  The price is low enough to just order and try.  Not a huge loss if it won't work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic