TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Restoration facts, question and answer. > Part Numbers, AMC Parts ID and cross-references
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

rear antenna

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rear antenna
    Posted: Nov/11/2021 at 9:58am
I have a 1967 Ambassador convertible it came with 2 rear antenna's the right was mounted high up the quarter panel close to the top opening of the trunk the left was inside the trunk as the car was in an accident and that quarter was replaced. The car has an AM_FM radio and has never had an antenna on the front fender. My though is it was not put back in.   My question was there a rear deck antenna option in 1967 I have all the parts books for 1967 and there is not but there is a Dealer accessories order form on Ebay not dated but is claimed to be from 1967.   It shows you can order front or rear antenna The rear deck antenna part number is 889 0509 gr 15.030 The code on this form is 48058 USA does anyone else have a 1967 amc with factory rear antenna's mine are flush mount with the proper amc bezels
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/29/2021 at 8:53pm
Gee, I don't think a rear antenna was a dealer accessory in '67. A 60-61 Ambassador could have a trunk mounted antenna, and that's the only AMC so equipped that I know of.
A '67 with a factory or dealer installed radio would normally have had an antenna installed in the front cowl-not the fender. And it would have been done as part of dealer-prep, not at the factory.

Edited by ramblinrev - Dec/30/2021 at 8:24pm
74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
Colin View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/29/2021 at 11:43pm
We did have a 1966 Marlin here in Winnipeg which has been sold but it was bought new by the guy that sold it and it had 2 rear antenna, located in the same place as the chrome plugs on the show Marlin from 65 or 66. My car also has a factory reverb unit which is not available with a convertible. I am going to leave them on the car, I am hot on the trail of the original owner of my car and I hope they will shed some light on this matter. Thank you for your insight. Cheers Colin
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2021 at 7:51pm
No rear antenna option was ever offered on 67 or later models.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic