TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Ram Air

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2023 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by WhatISit WhatISit wrote:

I have a ‘73 and was told an Offy Equaflow works with the cowl air cleaner/hood. Still can’t quite verify that for you, but that’s what I have. 
It will, but John doesn't care much for it. It doesn't make the horsepower of the Air Gap or Torker, but is much better than stock over 4,000 rpm. It is basically the same height overall as the factory cast iron with the 4-hole spacer attached. 
68-73 amx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68-73 amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2023 at 10:04pm
I have a torker / holley with cowl induction hood on my 73 Javelin AMX . Fits fine , maybe 1/2 inch taller, just makes seal to the hood better.
jcisworthy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2023 at 4:10am
Thanks for the replies everyone!
Specializing in dyno services, engine building, and cylinder head porting

rbjracing.com
Phone Number 518-915-3203
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2023 at 7:14am
Anyone know how tall a performer is compared to factory iron 

rbjracing.com
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2023 at 9:46am
Originally posted by jcisworthy jcisworthy wrote:

Anyone know how tall a performer is compared to factory iron 
Performer measures 4.20 inches high from sealing surface) at front of manifold while laying straight edge on carb pad. 5.50 inches at rear, and carb pad height 4.85 inches. I don't have Edelbrock's other manifold numbers in front of me (will try to find), but I believe that Performer is 1/4 inch shorter than Air Gap. I seem to recall that the carb pad on Air Gap is 5.11 inches high. I can measure a stock AMC intake later today, but I think Performer is around to 3/4 to an inch taller than stock. I have measured stock before but can't remember exact numbers.

Edit: Found Air Gap measurements. 
Height at front: 4.45" 
Height at rear: 5.57"
Carb pad: 5.11"

So, Performer is .26 inches shorter than Air Gap

Edited by Sonic Silver - Jan/20/2023 at 10:11am
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2023 at 11:42am
Thanks, Ill measure an iron intake later unless you have those measurements lol

rbjracing.com
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2023 at 11:52am
When/if either of you determine the carb base height of a stock iron manifold, please post the dimensions. Also, the type and/or casting # of the stock manifold. Thank you 
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2023 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by sweatlock sweatlock wrote:

When/if either of you determine the carb base height of a stock iron manifold, please post the dimensions. Also, the type and/or casting # of the stock manifold. Thank you 
I will try to do that shortly. I have done it before, and it seems to me that it is in the high 3-inch range.
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2023 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by sweatlock sweatlock wrote:

AMC # 3195532 (stock 4 barrel 1970 360 and 390) and maybe 71 360 and 401?
Also AMC #3213989 (stock 1972 model 360 4 barrel) Not sure which of these came on a 72 model 401. Both are identical heights.

Front height: 3.22 inches
Rear height: 4.42 inches
Carb pad: 3.82 inches 

Offenhauser 360 Equaflow

Front height: 3.65 inches
Rear height: 4.99 inches
Carb pad: 4.32 inches

When you add the height of the 4-hole spacer which came on these factory cast iron manifolds, the Offy is pretty much identical in height to the stock manifold with spacer.

I have seen the measurements of the R4B and Torker several years ago, and they are pretty close to the Performer height. I think the Torker may have been about 1/16 inch taller.
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2023 at 1:59pm
Excellent, thank you 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic