TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Question 71-74 V8 Long tube headers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2021 at 8:44pm
That is CRAZY money......and I don't EVER complain about what stuff costs but that's nuts.
they call me Capt RETIRED!
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2021 at 9:42pm
Nick at ARH recommended the Power Master 9515.  

I've had a CVR in my 69 AMX since 2007 with no problems, and it fits with the ARH headers.

Bob
tufcj

Edited by tufcj - Aug/03/2021 at 9:46pm
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
72SSTJavelin View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72SSTJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2021 at 10:00pm
Thanks for the starter info, will check it out. Good to here you have had no issues....
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72SSTJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2021 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by turbo turbo wrote:

That is CRAZY money......and I don't EVER complain about what stuff costs but that's nuts.
Yes, I thought so to till I seen the Hooker pro-comp headerS were $1085 and from what the guys down in MD (Cecil County Drag Strip) were telling me don't fit for crap.  In fact one guy runs double header gaskets with Stage-8 header bolts and locks and still blows gaskets.....
So better to pay up front for a better fitting header. If indeed they do fit better.....
Archangeldvm View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archangeldvm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2021 at 10:23pm
Power master 9515
Archangeldvm View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archangeldvm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2021 at 10:29pm
I thought so as well but I did not want to deal with all the issues everyone else was running into. Was painful but worth it in my opinion. They were custom designed to fit this specific AMC engine. The fit and finish is outstanding. The welds are like no other headers I have seen. Given how much I just pain for a set of decent, far from even nice, tail lights for the Javelin the headers were a deal 
SONOFAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SONOFAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2021 at 12:03pm
I second the question, What happened to Schmidts GRACE BILLET headers? Is he even making those?
Did you mean GMC?
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72SSTJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2021 at 8:28am
I would like to thank all the people who were part of this discussion, you all have helped in some way to put me on the right track for a set of Long tube Headers....
So thank you again... By the way, I believe American Racing Headers is going to be my one and only choice.......

Edited by 72SSTJavelin - Aug/05/2021 at 8:30am
RandyB View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2021 at 8:48am
Have you looked at Hedman headers?
Randy B
68 Javelin SST 343
73 Charger Rallye 340 triple Blk
Bucks AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2021 at 9:54am
Have Dougs long tube ceramic headers for 7 years, no peeling, etc. Stock starter no issues what-so ever, Remflex header gaskets and ARP header bolts. No issues with bolts loosening, etc. Very happy with this setup. 1970 AMX 390 4 spd.
1970 AMX 390 4spd Golden Lime
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic