Print Page | Close Window

2023 Hot Rod Power Tour

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Lounge Area
Forum Name: Upcoming Shows and Events
Forum Description: AMC related shows, auctions or events go here. Announce club events here.
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=118493
Printed Date: Mar/28/2024 at 3:33pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 2023 Hot Rod Power Tour
Posted By: Scrappy
Subject: 2023 Hot Rod Power Tour
Date Posted: Feb/03/2023 at 8:10am
Who's attending any or all of the http://view.ceros.com/motortrend/power-tour-1-1" rel="nofollow - 2023 Hot Rod Power Tour ?  Since it's close to home, I'll probably be a Long Hauler.

Day 1:  Monday, June 12 - Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, Georgia
    Day 2:  Tuesday, June 13 - South Carolina State Fairgrounds, Columbia, South Carolina
    Day 3:  Wednesday, June 14 - Rockingham Speedway, Rockingham, North Carolina
    Day 4:  Thursday, June 15 - zMAX Dragway, Concord, North Carolina
    Day 5:  Friday, June 16 - Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol, Tennessee

- Scrappy

Replies:
Posted By: THE MENACE
Date Posted: Feb/03/2023 at 12:14pm

Have fun Shawn!!! 

I've never done the power tour myself, but I do miss prepping Vic Edelbrock's cars for long haul trip.

Dennis  

-------------
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.

Date Posted: Feb/03/2023 at 1:39pm
Thanks, Dennis! 

Posted By: BU1
Date Posted: Feb/03/2023 at 2:11pm
Sooooo, what 'perks' does one get if you were to enter at the $2,500 Platinum level??  Vs. the working man's class at $175?

-------------
AMO #2726
#1 1968 AMX Rally Green 343 Z code 4spd since 1975 #02642
#2 1968 AMX Rally Green 290 N code 4spd since 2019 #02959

Posted By: wcamp70
Date Posted: Feb/03/2023 at 7:41pm
Planning on going. This will be our 4th, 3 were long hauls.  The $2500 prices gets your hotels included wherever they book them and a few extras. We usually book our own. Let us know when it gets closer and maybe we can travel together.

-------------
70 AMX 360 5speed
68 American 401 200r4 auto
AMO #5013

Date Posted: Feb/05/2023 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by wcamp70 wcamp70 wrote:

Let us know when it gets closer and maybe we can travel together.

Will do!

Posted By: nbarr
Date Posted: Feb/11/2023 at 11:29am
Will likely have to run this one through the spousal approval process!

Posted By: amxdreamer
Date Posted: Feb/12/2023 at 12:19pm
Is a person able to attend just one of the events with their car? I might try and go to the Bristol show as I might be in TN for the AMO show!

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Feb/12/2023 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

Is a person able to attend just one of the events with their car? I might try and go to the Bristol show as I might be in TN for the AMO show!

Yes!  Follow the link in my original post and purchase a single-day ticket for Bristol.

Posted By: imacarfan2
Date Posted: Feb/25/2023 at 11:46am
I'm "planning" on going, but I've been "planning" on going for over 25 years! At least I have a car ready this year. Then drive back home just to turn around and drive back for the AMO show. Easy-peasy. Confused

-------------
67 Ambo conv
68 AMX
68 Ambo 4 door
70 Ambo 4 door
(2) 71 Hornets (1 SC/360)
73 Hornet 2 door
77 Matador coupe
77 Sportabout
78 Concord 2 door
81 Concord wagon

Date Posted: Feb/25/2023 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by imacarfan2 imacarfan2 wrote:

I'm "planning" on going, but I've been "planning" on going for over 25 years!

I went ahead and committed -- got the package and all the hotel reservations done.

Posted By: dkrtgood
Date Posted: Mar/03/2023 at 12:26pm
I put a 2 way alarm in my car for 2018 before I left. The 2 way alerts the key fob so you know if something triggers. So many cars stolen on these tours. Easy picking for the thieves with a parking lot full of cars. Not trying to deter anyone from going as we had a blast but be prepared. 

-------------
Dave Goodwin
President of Tampa Bay AMC

70 Mark Donohue BBO 390 5-speed
77 Matador Coupe AKA "The Beave"
70 Javelin 360 / Auto - BBG

Date Posted: Mar/03/2023 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by dkrtgood dkrtgood wrote:

So many cars stolen on these tours. Easy picking for the thieves with a parking lot full of cars. Not trying to deter anyone from going as we had a blast but be prepared. 

It's an important consideration.  I'm looking into my options.

Lots of folks in the Facebook HRPT groups are rather dismissive, saying unhelpful stuff like "have good insurance so you don't have to worry about it."  Being made whole financially is one thing, but there's a major difference between getting paid for a new Hellcat that got stolen vs. a car you've labored over and/or has been in the family for a while.

I put a 2 way alarm in my car for 2018 before I left. The 2 way alerts the key fob so you know if something triggers. 

Do you recall which brand/model, and would you recommend it?

Posted By: dkrtgood
Date Posted: Mar/03/2023 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Scrappy Scrappy wrote:

So many cars stolen on these tours. Easy picking for the thieves with a parking lot full of cars. Not trying to deter anyone from going as we had a blast but be prepared. 

It's an important consideration.  I'm looking into my options.

Lots of folks in the Facebook HRPT groups are rather dismissive, saying unhelpful stuff like "have good insurance so you don't have to worry about it."  Being made whole financially is one thing, but there's a major difference between getting paid for a new Hellcat that got stolen vs. a car you've labored over and/or has been in the family for a while.

I put a 2 way alarm in my car for 2018 before I left. The 2 way alerts the key fob so you know if something triggers. 

Do you recall which brand/model, and would you recommend it?

I have a Viper 2 way unit, not exactly sure of model number but it locks / unlocks power locks, hood, trunk and doors pinned. Also motion sensor and does remote start which I do not use.  

I did in 2018 so there are probably newer versions but just look for 2 way capability and range

-------------
Dave Goodwin
President of Tampa Bay AMC

70 Mark Donohue BBO 390 5-speed
77 Matador Coupe AKA "The Beave"
70 Javelin 360 / Auto - BBG

Date Posted: Mar/03/2023 at 1:52pm
Thanks, Dave!

Posted By: smaynor
Date Posted: Apr/08/2023 at 3:54pm
We are doing it again this year in the wagon.  Did the Long Haul last year and doing the Long Haul again this year.  Have hotels already booked, etc.  

After the miserable heat and humidity last year, I said I’d not do it again without A/C, so guess what got installed this winter…Vintage Air.   It’s working great with 40* air out the vents.  

Also took out the C4 Corvette rear and did a nice Ford 9” with coilovers. 

-------------
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Wagon
A big project in progress...

Date Posted: Apr/08/2023 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by smaynor smaynor wrote:

After the miserable heat and humidity last year, I said I’d not do it again without A/C, so guess what got installed this winter…Vintage Air.   It’s working great with 40* air out the vents.

Sweet!  I have to get the AC in the Spirit working.  It's black/black...

Date Posted: May/10/2023 at 5:22am
Well, it's looking as if I'm not going to be able to make it in the Spirit.

It suffered a collapsed roller lifter back in February.  It took over a month and a personal connection to get the manufacturer to finally respond to me, and they're going to rebuild or give me a new set, but as of yet there's no timeframe.  It's 32 days away, so I can't sit here hoping it'll happen.

I've changed my focus to my '57 Chevy, which will be my ride this year.

Posted By: wcamp70
Date Posted: May/10/2023 at 7:26am
Sorry to hear about your Spirit. We are still on track to go with the AMX. Wife gave up her seat this year for one of our grandsons who will be making his first tour!

-------------
70 AMX 360 5speed
68 American 401 200r4 auto
AMO #5013

Date Posted: May/15/2023 at 5:55am
Well, the lifters showed up unexpectedly on Saturday, so it's back to the Spirit being my ride!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net