Print Page | Close Window

Great Amc Day 2023

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Lounge Area
Forum Name: Upcoming Shows and Events
Forum Description: AMC related shows, auctions or events go here. Announce club events here.
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=117667
Printed Date: Mar/28/2024 at 11:11am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Great Amc Day 2023
Posted By: pos6871
Subject: Great Amc Day 2023
Date Posted: Nov/25/2022 at 11:42am
The announcement everyone has been waiting for 
Great AMC Day GAD 2023 will be June 2nd at Edgewater Sports Park in Cleves Ohio. AMC/Mopar, Stick Shift, 2nd chance and The Heads up Shootout will all be returning for the racing classes, in addition to the car show and swap meet. Rules will be posted below for all of the racing classes. The track will be running concessions during GAD, but I'm hoping to possibly bring back the Pre Party the Thursday night before GAD(more details coming soon). Hope to see everyone there and make this the best GAD yet! Entree fees, class guaranteed payouts, awards etc will be announced soon. All sponsorships needed and appreciated, this event could not happen without everyone's support - Damian Terrell 

Also if anyone has any feedback on changes or what could be better from last year or what was good, please do not hesitate on commenting below. 

Rules:

Heads up shootout- Must be either AMC bodied door car or Amc powered door car. RWYB 1/8th mile pro tree N/T 

AMC/mopar- must be either AMC/Mopar bodied or powered, 1/4 bracket race format

Stick Shift- Any makes and models welcome, must use the clutch to leave the line and the driver must shift the car, no air shifts allowed. 1/4 mile Bracket race format

2nd Chance - First round buybacks for all bracket style classes

-------------
Pos68 68 javelin, 79 amx, and 71 javelin

Replies:
Posted By: imacarfan2
Date Posted: Dec/01/2022 at 6:23pm
Hopefully I can make it this year (well, next year). Thanks for continuing the GAD tradition!!!

-------------
67 Ambo conv
68 AMX
68 Ambo 4 door
70 Ambo 4 door
(2) 71 Hornets (1 SC/360)
73 Hornet 2 door
77 Matador coupe
77 Sportabout
78 Concord 2 door
81 Concord wagon

Date Posted: Dec/29/2022 at 8:56am
Major Great AMC Day GAD 2023 update(can follow the event page on fb)
The official entry fees for the event are posted below and yes we did add another class to the schedule this year, Test & Tune. It is basically for anyone that isn't running a class and just wanting to make some passes. Anyone running a class, after they get eliminated (if you do) can also make some passes like it was this year between rounds and time permitting after the racing is over for the day.  All sponsorships needed, and greatly appreciate, thank you to all of the sponsors who have already came on board. I need everyone's support to keep this event alive and going strong. Sponsor list is also currently below. More info to come out soon, including the Tshirt design in tribute to a local Edgewater Sports Park amc racer who passed away earlier this year after GAD. 

Rules/Entry fees:

Spectators, car show, swap meet: $20

Heads up shootout- Must be either AMC bodied door car or Amc powered door car. RWYB 1/8th mile pro tree N/T $100 Buy in(money put straight into the pot) 

AMC/mopar- must be either AMC/Mopar bodied or powered, 1/4 bracket race format $70 entry fee

Stick Shift- Any makes and models welcome, must use the clutch to leave the line and the driver must shift the car, no air shifts allowed. 1/4 mile Bracket race format $70 entry fee

2nd Chance - First round buybacks for all bracket style classes, and or any non amc/Mopar/stick car wanting to race. $70 entry fee for non first round buy backs, 1st round buy backs fee to be determined closer to the event

Test & Tune-up open to all makes/models looking to just make some passes down the track and not running in any of the other classes  $50 entry fee

Sponsor list for GAD 23:
Joe Pinsoneault
Calvert Racing Suspensions 
James "Fuzz" Scheid
Altitude printing
High Country Graphics 
A70sthingautomobilia.com
Pos68 Motorsports

-------------

Date Posted: Jan/17/2023 at 11:45am
Sponsor update and a few awards that will be happening at Great AMC Day GAD 2023 
First off I want to thank everyone for the support and helping keep GAD alive. The Fastest Street car award presented by Garland Performance, The RWB award presented by Dan Curtis at AZ AMC Restorations  and the Rotorhead award from Tom Guarr are all coming back this year. 
I want to thank Tom Guarr, Dan Curtis, John Garland, Dean Vaughn, Dennis Becker, Jim Sobel, High Octane Design Co. - AMC Parts , Steve Feniello at Arizona AMC, John Howard, QA1  for all coming and supporting GAD 23. It couldn't happen without everyone's support. The event flyer will be updated very soon to the current sponsor list. 

Rules/Entry fees:

Heads up shootout- Must be either AMC bodied door car or Amc powered door car. RWYB 1/8th mile pro tree N/T $100 Buy in(money put straight into the pot) 

AMC/mopar- must be either AMC/Mopar bodied or powered, 1/4 bracket race format $70 entry fee

Stick Shift- Any makes and models welcome, must use the clutch to leave the line and the driver must shift the car, no air shifts allowed. 1/4 mile Bracket race format $70 entry fee

2nd Chance - First round buybacks for all bracket style classes, and or any non amc/Mopar/stick car wanting to race. $70 entry fee for non first round buy backs, 1st round buy backs fee to be determined closer to the event

Test & Tune-up open to all makes/models looking to just make some passes down the track and not running in any of the other classes  $50 entry fee

Sponsor list for GAD 23(in random order currently):
Joe Pinsoneault
 Tom Guarr
Dan Curtis/AZ AMC Restoration 
John Garland
Dean Vaughn
 Dennis Becker
Jim Sobel
High Octane Design Co. - AMC Parts 
Steve Feniello/Arizona AMC
John Howard
QA1 
James "Fuzz" Scheid
Altitude printing
High Country Graphics 
A70sthingautomobilia.com
Pos68 Motorsports

-------------

Date Posted: Feb/12/2023 at 8:39pm
Another sponsor update for Great AMC Day GAD 2023 
This one is very special to me and means a lot to have on board once again this year. As many know, Mike's Auto Service aka Mike Luke originally started GAD and hosted it for 20+ years before I took over when he retired from hosting it. If it wasn't for Mike putting in a lot of time, organizing etc GAD would not be anything near what it is today. It means the world to me to have his support once again and hope to see him with the famous POS at GAD 23

Rules/Entry fees:

Joe Pinsoneault
Mike's Auto service 
 Tom Guarr
AMC Acres 
Kennedy American AMC Parts 
Carreplico 
Control Freak Suspensions 
 Stockill Built Racing/Peter Schulte Racing
John Garland
Dean Vaughn
 Dennis Becker
Jim Sobel
John Howard
QA1 
James "Fuzz" Scheid
Altitude printing
High Country Graphics 
A70sthingautomobilia.com
Pos68 Motorsports

-------------

Date Posted: Mar/28/2023 at 8:55pm
Another sponsor update for Great AMC Day GAD 2023 
I want to thank Dukatt ‘71 Custom Shirts , and Lucore Automotive Services Inc for coming in board and sponsoring this year's event. Also a huge thank you to Ralph Winslow for continuing his support for GAD with being this year's trophy sponsor and Artofthomasestrada for once again donating some of his awesome artwork toward the door prizes, they are always a huge hit.  Also the sponsor deadline to be included on the event shirt is about 2 weeks away so please reach out to me if your interested in sponsoring this year's event. It couldn't happen without everyone's support and I truly appreciate all of the support. Guaranteed payouts and awards will be announced this weekend - Damian 

Rules/Entry fees:

Stick Shift- Any makes and models welcome, must use the clutch to leave the line and the driver must shift the car, no air shifts allowed.1/4 mile Bracket race format $70 entry fee

Joe Pinsoneault
Crown Automotive
Marie Elize Sloterdijk Court 
SeaLife Aquarium 
Debbie Turner 
Mike's Auto service 
 Tom Guarr
AMC Acres 
Ralph Winslow 
Jax Wax Columbus
Realistic car drawings
Luka Milic Art
Carreplico 
Dukatt '71 custom shirts and printing 
Art of Thomas Estrada
Lucore Automotive 
John Garland
Dean Vaughn
 Dennis Becker
Jim Sobel
John Howard
QA1 
James "Fuzz" Scheid
Altitude printing
High Country Graphics 
A70samcthing.com(Richard Estermyer)
Pos68 Motorsports

-------------

Date Posted: Apr/12/2023 at 10:02am
What everyone has been waiting to see,
Great AMC Day GAD 2023 guaranteed payouts are below

AMC/Mopar: 1000 winner, 200 R/U
Stick shift: 800 winner, 200 R/U
Heads up Shootout: 1800 winner, 200 R/U(entry fees also go toward this payout.)
2nd Chance will be based on amount of entrees. 
•• Stick shift class wise the payout is lower than last year due to car count of last year. If car count is good this year, the payout will increase
Also it will be The Fastest Street car award, the Red/White/Blue amc award, Fastest young gun(racer under 21) and the best reaction time of a young gun racer. A few more awards are very possible like a long distance award etc. If any one wants to sponsor any awards listed or wants one, please reach out to me.

Rules/Entry fees:

Heads up shootout- Must be either AMC bodied door car or Amc powered door car. RWYB 1/8th mile pro tree N/T $100 Buy in(money put straight into the pot) $1800 to winner, $200 R/U guaranteed 

AMC/mopar- must be either AMC/Mopar bodied or powered, 1/4 bracket race format $70 entry fee. $1000 to winner, $200 R/U guaranteed 

Stick Shift- Any makes and models welcome, must use the clutch to leave the line and the driver must shift the car, no air shifts allowed.1/4 mile Bracket race format $70 entry fee. $800 to winner, $200 R/U(payout will increase if good car count) 

Joe Pinsoneault
Alfano Performance AMC Speed Shop 
Indy Cylinder Heads 
216 Motorsports 
Crown Automotive Sales Co Inc 
Marie Elize Sloterdijk Court 
SeaLife Aquarium 
Debbie Turner 
Mike's Auto service 
The Crafty Biotch
 Tom Guarr
AMC Acres 
Ralph Winslow 
Jax Wax 
Realistic Car Drawings 
Luka Milic Art
Carreplico 
Dukatt '71 custom shirts and printing 
Art of Thomas Estrada
Lucore Automotive Services Inc 
AZ AMC Restorations / Dan Curtis 
John Garland
Dean Vaughn
 Dennis Becker
Jim Sobel
John and Vicki Howard
QA1 
James "Fuzz" Scheid
Altitude printing
High Country Graphics 
A70samcthing.com(Richard Estermyer)
Pos68 Motorsports

-------------

Date Posted: May/07/2023 at 9:26pm
GAD 23 update,  the official event shirt design has been posted on Facebook under the event page and pos68 motorsports page. Also it will be a cookout for everyone at the track Thursday night. Hope to see everyone there, under a month to go- Damian 

-------------

Posted By: POS #1
Date Posted: May/08/2023 at 10:17am
Hey Damian,
give us a link for us right wing domestic terrorists!!!

btw, the POS and i should be at the Super 8 Thursday night.

Posted By: amxdreamer
Date Posted: May/08/2023 at 8:17pm
Looking forward to seeing you Mikey! I'll be camping at the track. 

Member of the small fringe minority.

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: May/09/2023 at 8:17am
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

i slept in the box trailer last year at the track Tony.
i'm too freaking old to do that anymore.... lol...

Date Posted: May/09/2023 at 9:57am
I'll text you later today Mike with the design, don't know how to attach photos on here lol. Be great to see you Tony 

-------------

Date Posted: May/09/2023 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by POS #1 POS #1 wrote:

Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

i slept in the box trailer last year at the track Tony.
i'm too freaking old to do that anymore.... lol...

That's why I got the camper for the truck :)
Queen sized bed, bathroom, shower, fridge stove and a sink. Even a TV and A/C when the generator is purring away! 

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: May/18/2023 at 2:37pm
Officially 2 weeks away until the GAD kickoff cookout/hangout at Edgewater Thursday night. Hope to see everyone there 

-------------

Date Posted: May/20/2023 at 1:01am
Do you know what time the gates open on Thursday to get in?

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: May/22/2023 at 8:15am
no ideal Tony... wow, what a gas sucking rig you got there now!
But the money the fuel costs, is probably less then staying at dive motels on your adventures.
hoping to take the POS out for a test and tune this friday...
last time out with it was last GAD... i've made a few changes since then and would like to see if its dialed in yet.

Date Posted: May/22/2023 at 8:21am
Gates will be open by mid afternoon at the latest on the Thursday Rob at Edgewater said. Hope POS and you make some progress Mike and everything goes well 

-------------

Date Posted: May/22/2023 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by POS #1 POS #1 wrote:

no ideal Tony... wow, what a gas sucking rig you got there now!
But the money the fuel costs, is probably less then staying at dive motels on your adventures.
hoping to take the POS out for a test and tune this friday...
last time out with it was last GAD... i've made a few changes since then and would like to see if its dialed in yet.

technically it's a diesel sucking rig. lol

Yeah, I got it to save on hotels and make things easier. The shower, bathroom, fridge, cooktop, bed etc makes the long trips much easier.

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: May/23/2023 at 9:39am
Well, THE POS is Ready. not going to be able to do any testing before GAD this year tho...

Tony, kinda planning to drop the car and trailer at the track for Thursday night,
Your turn to be the guard dog this year...
I was last year!Big smile

Date Posted: May/23/2023 at 1:58pm
We are in the same boat Mike, 68 needs valves check then ready to load but other than a one clutch dump on the street we are coming completely untested on it's brand new engine/trans combo 
Cookout will probably start around 6-7ish as long as I'm up there by then(traffic from Kentucky rush hour 🤦)

-------------

Date Posted: May/25/2023 at 2:24am
Only 2500 miles for me....lol

Yeah Mike, I'll be camping at the track.

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: May/26/2023 at 5:46pm
Under a week until GAD 23
 Who is planning on being at the track Thursday night for the cookout/hangout "party"? Trying to get a head count to get meat?
Big thank you to everyone who supports the event and all of the awesome sponsors this year. Shirt design, and more info on Facebook 

-------------

Posted By: SC397
Date Posted: May/30/2023 at 7:31am
For us guys who need a address to plug into the GPS..

EDGEWATER SPORTS PARK - SINCE 1958

4819 E. MIAMI RIVER RD. CLEVES, OHIO 45002

tel:5133534666" rel="nofollow - 513-353-4666

Hotels near there:

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Harrison

https://www.superpages.com/harrison-oh/bpp/holiday-inn-express-suites-harrison-481003793#addBusiness" rel="nofollow -  https://www.superpages.com/harrison-oh/bpp/holiday-inn-express-suites-harrison-481003793#reviews" rel="nofollow -
Corporate Lodging, Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities, Hotels

10906 New Haven Rd, Harrison, OH 45030

844-761-0335

Super 8 by Wyndham Harrison OH 10900 New Haven Road, 45030, Harrison.  513-202-4958

Date Posted: May/30/2023 at 10:34am
thanks Rick,
we are staying at the super 8...

Posted By: SC397
Date Posted: May/30/2023 at 1:44pm
If I remember correctly the hotels are pretty close to each other.

Date Posted: May/30/2023 at 4:24pm
Yes the holiday inn and super 8 are right across the street from each other

Hope to see you there Rick and safe travels to everyone. I will post the breakfast and lunch menu later tonight or tomorrow 

-------------

Date Posted: Jun/02/2023 at 4:53pm
I just wanted to hop on here real quick to thank everyone that came out today. Awesome turnout for the heat and was great to see everyone. If anyone gots any feed back on this year(good or bad) please comment below. I think mostly everyone probably saw major improvements over what I learned last year and hope to continue making it better every year. I'll post all results later this weekend. Another GREAT AMC DAY!!! 
- Damian 

-------------

Date Posted: Jun/03/2023 at 1:32pm
Amazing photos from Track photographer Dave
Check them out
https://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/Cars/Drag-Racing/Edgewater/2023/Great-AMC-Day-June-2nd-2023/" rel="nofollow - https://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/Cars/Drag-Racing/Edgewater/2023/Great-AMC-Day-June-2nd-2023/

-------------

Date Posted: Jun/04/2023 at 4:31pm
As many people have been wondering, here is the full Great AMC Day "GAD" 2023 event report

First off I want to thank all of this year's sponsors for supporting this event because it most definitely couldn't happen without their support. Also to everyone who made it out to the event and supported us. We had a great turnout for as hot as it was(about 90°) and a beautiful day of racing, and for a car show. We ended up having around 35-40 race cars which is better than last year and the car show had 15-16 entries. Someone(me 🧐🤦) forgot to write down the spectator count after everything got added up, so I will edit this post once I hear back from the track on that. 

Race results:
AMC/Mopar -
Winner was a orange dart car #501
R/U- Eric Wolfe with his AMC powered Studebaker car #1127

Stick shift-
Winner and R/U were both UMTR south racers as the amcs raced each other in the early round
Winner- beautiful 70.5 falcon and or 70/71 torino(unsure) car #3317
R/U- Super nice superbee car #318P 

Heads up Shootout-
Winner- Brian and Bruce Waldon with their super clean Indy powered rambler
R/U- Mike Storey with his awesome Twin turbo LS powered amx 

2nd Chance -
Winner- Jeff and his super nice SS style amx
R/U- Dan Henderson and his 70 amx

Car show-
1st place: Dave Bryant and the #17 McCorkle SS amx
2nd place: Pete Vaughn and his 70 machine
3rd place: Danny Jaqui and his 90 Jeep Comanche

Rotorhead award: Tommy Vaughn

McCorkle Award: Jon Ballenger 

RWB award: Jeff O (2nd chance winner) and his SS style amx

Fastest Street car award: Stewart Forney with his gold amx

Long Distance award: Tony Lucas from Canada (2500+ miles)

The Church of Bad Decisions award: (waiting for name from Austin who did the award as I didn't catch it)

We unfortunately did not have any racer under 21 this year 

Thank you to everyone for coming out, and see everyone next year. Already planning for GAD 2024, so keep your eyes out - Damian

-------------

Date Posted: Jun/05/2023 at 11:48am
Hey Damian,
Who sponsors the Heads up shoot out?

Take on GAD 2023!-)
Awesome event. we arrived thursday around 6pm after checking into the motel, we found our way to the track. was greeted by a Older Tony than last time i saw him years ago. Wink
Ralfy and the Host and family!
this years event was even better than last year...
btw, for those that don't know. this is only the 2nd year Damian and crew have been hosting the event. one of things i missed last year was the cookout portion, as on Friday the track didnt want Damian to feed us...
So they did the cook out thursday evening and that worked great for us!
imo, the day was picture perfect!  Yes it got hot through the day . low 90's but humidity was very low compaired to last year!      in the shade it was Wonderful, nice breeze and all.     op out in the sun, and Yep it was a hot one for sure!

Anyway. last time i was able to have the POS out was last years GAD...  and no time this year to get it out for some pre GAD testing.  I had made a few changes since last year.
bickel clutch switch, Solid wheely bars now, and reduced base clutch pressure and removed counter weight.
unsure of what the car was going to do with solid wheely bars i had no ideal how it would react...
So, go up for the first time run. and i'm paired up with Stewart F. in his 69 AMX with a Roush powered 5.0 in it....    his car is pretty dialed in and me not going down a track for a year now.
Stewart treed me. my .2265 light to his .006 reaction time.....
Just a time run, so i wasn't trying to get a perfect reaction time, just get the car down the track!
It's been so long, i even forgot to flip the switch for the data logger...
Car felt good and the track pic guy got a pic of our launch!
no more 2 foot wheely, the car hit the wheely bars and pulled front wheels about 3-4 inchs and away we went.... Stewart got the win light, but just barely.
his 9.659 beat my 9.591 he went 140.01 mph to the POS's Fastest ever mph of 145.02.

Sadly either the clutch broke or the pilot bearing in the crank broke first?
all i know is the clutch pedal was no longer allowing the car to slip into gear with out grinding. so i enjoyed the day and the racing action...
got to see some old friends and made a couple new friends this year also..

Stewart gave me Poo about my reaction time!!!
those that know me, i had that correct answer... Told him Sorry i was still rolling a joint!   LOL

So i encourage everyone to keep support GAD and come on out for a Great AMC Day!
Great job Damian.
Mike

https://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/Cars/Drag-Racing/Edgewater/2023/Great-AMC-Day-June-2nd-2023/i-4cnpbKS/A

Posted By: hacksaw1971
Date Posted: Jun/06/2023 at 2:10pm
anyone going to be in Tenn on the 23-24th?? 
i am coming down to deliver some stuff to a guy down that way. 
can't seem to find any info on it. but im told its the biggest all AMC thing of the year.
looking forward to meeting yall and if i can im going to bring the S/C.  not to show ... just show her off. lol
love to get a time slip on her.

-------------
its the little things that make the biggest difference

Posted By: scott
Date Posted: Jun/06/2023 at 3:31pm
Here's the thread on the AMO National show in Tennesee: https://theamcforum.com/FORUM/2023-amo-show_topic117453.html" rel="nofollow - https://theamcforum.com/FORUM/2023-amo-show_topic117453.html

Hopefully you can make it to this one too: https://theamcforum.com/FORUM/pittsburgh-amc-get-together-91723_topic119784.html" rel="nofollow - https://theamcforum.com/FORUM/pittsburgh-amc-get-together-91723_topic119784.html

Date Posted: Jun/06/2023 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by scott scott wrote:

Here's the thread on the AMO National show in Tennesee: https://theamcforum.com/FORUM/2023-amo-show_topic117453.html" rel="nofollow - https://theamcforum.com/FORUM/2023-amo-show_topic117453.html

Hopefully you can make it to this one too: https://theamcforum.com/FORUM/pittsburgh-amc-get-together-91723_topic119784.html" rel="nofollow - https://theamcforum.com/FORUM/pittsburgh-amc-get-together-91723_topic119784.html

ya.  i found it under the marlin group. hotel booked. going to take the lil woman and do a weekend away.
 and ya. the SChornet is up and running so i plan to be there. 

-------------

Date Posted: Jun/08/2023 at 11:49pm
if i can park my trailer at the hotel im thinking i mite bring the purple Schornet (her name) to drive around while im there. and show off a bit Big smile

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net