Print Page | Close Window

2023 amo show

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: The Lounge Area
Forum Name: Upcoming Shows and Events
Forum Description: AMC related shows, auctions or events go here. Announce club events here.
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=117453
Printed Date: Mar/29/2024 at 9:05am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 2023 amo show
Posted By: mstrcrftr
Subject: 2023 amo show
Date Posted: Nov/01/2022 at 3:11pm
Does anyone know where the 2023 show will be?

Replies:
Posted By: Sonic Silver
Date Posted: Nov/01/2022 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by mstrcrftr mstrcrftr wrote:

Does anyone know where the 2023 show will be?
Knoxville, Tennessee. Actually, on the Eastern outskirts. 

Date Posted: Nov/01/2022 at 3:46pm
Thanks sonic,  i have some friends that live in knoxville.  i am going to try and make this one.
do you know if its going to be in townsend?

Date Posted: Nov/01/2022 at 3:47pm

Thanks sonic,  i have some friends that live in knoxville.  i am going to try and make this one.
do you know if its going to be in townsend?
Strawberry Plains.

Date Posted: Nov/01/2022 at 3:53pm
thanks..

Posted By: 1948kaiser
Date Posted: Nov/01/2022 at 4:31pm
will be held june 21-25 2023

Posted By: 6768rogues
Date Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 10:37am
I checked the AMO website and found the locations of hotels and the show, but not the banquet. The hotels mentioned often don’t have banquet facilities. It said the banquet is catered. Where is the banquet?

-------------
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.

Date Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 11:19am
Originally posted by 6768rogues 6768rogues wrote:

I checked the AMO website and found the locations of hotels and the show, but not the banquet. The hotels mentioned often don’t have banquet facilities. It said the banquet is catered. Where is the banquet?
There is a Waffle House at that exit.LOL

Posted By: AMXAL
Date Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 11:25am
The banquet will be held at Rothchild Catering, 8807 Kingston Pike, Knoxville

-------------
AMO President
Marlin Club Board Member
1974 Javelin AMX, 401
1967 Marlin
1969 Rebel Raider
1985 Renault Alliance Conv

Date Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 11:38am
Originally posted by AMXAL AMXAL wrote:

The banquet will be held at Rothchild Catering, 8807 Kingston Pike, Knoxville
That is way on the west end of Knoxville. The host hotels are east of town at the Strawberry Plains exit. About 20 miles from the host hotels and a little farther from the show site.

Posted By: BU1
Date Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 1:34pm
As long as we are asking questions, is the show and swap on grass or pavement?

-------------
AMO #2726
#1 1968 AMX Rally Green 343 Z code 4spd since 1975 #02642
#2 1968 AMX Rally Green 290 N code 4spd since 2019 #02959

Date Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by BU1 BU1 wrote:

As long as we are asking questions, is the show and swap on grass or pavement?
I don't know. I just know the area because I live a little over an hour away, went to Univ of Tennessee, and lived in Knox a few years after I graduated.

Date Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 3:44pm
According to my map app the banquet is 26 miles/35 minutes from the show location, a few miles less from the host hotels, directly on the other side of Knoxville. Not sure what I will do yet. Drive 40-ish miles to and from the banquet/hotel or just head for home after the show. Decisions.

-------------
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Date Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 3:54pm
Like I said, probably 20 miles from banquet to host hotel and more than that from show site. I was just guessing. It's pretty far and you either have to go all the way through town on I-40 or around it on the North side on I-640. Most of the time, it is better to go straight through on I-40. Traffic in West Knoxville can be a bit crowded most of the time. It should not be near the host hotels or the show site.

Date Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 3:55pm

According to my map app the banquet is 26 miles/35 minutes from the show location, a few miles less from the host hotels, directly on the other side of Knoxville. Not sure what I will do yet. Drive 40-ish miles to and from the banquet/hotel or just head for home after the show. Decisions.
Which direction is home?

Posted By: 71SC360
Date Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Sonic Silver Sonic Silver wrote:

Which direction is home?

Tom was my "neighbor" when I lived up north. About the same distance as we are currently.

Date Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 5:39pm
Home is western NY. It is about the same whether we take 75/71/90 or 81/77/79/90. The first is a few minutes shorter, the second is a few miles shorter but easier with fewer cities to go through making it the preferred route. Leaning toward skipping the banquet and getting a few hours toward home, making the second day easier. 

-------------

Date Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 5:41pm
Is there going to be trailer parking at the show site?

-------------

Date Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 7:43pm

Are you trailering your car?

If you do and you want to park it at my place and drive your car the rest of the hour and a half trip you're more than welcome. I am on the way and not that far from 81.

Date Posted: Nov/03/2022 at 4:01am
cost is 42.00 per person for the buffet

Date Posted: Nov/03/2022 at 7:22am
Originally posted by 71SC360 71SC360 wrote:

Are you trailering your car?

If you do and you want to park it at my place and drive your car the rest of the hour and a half trip you're more than welcome. I am on the way and not that far from 81.

I am trailering my car. We will probably go via the Columbus route to visit family on the way and return on 81. Thanks for the offer, Joe.

-------------

Posted By: pit crew
Date Posted: Nov/21/2022 at 8:17pm
Registered and booked a hotel. Big question now is do I drive the Hornet or take the Highlander and make it more of a vacation and parts shopping trip? That decision can wait until it's closer to show time.

-------------

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20

Date Posted: Nov/21/2022 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by pit crew pit crew wrote:

Registered and booked a hotel. Big question now is do I drive the Hornet or take the Highlander and make it more of a vacation and parts shopping trip? That decision can wait until it's closer to show time.
Vacation. Visit Gatlinburg and the mountains while you are here.

Date Posted: Nov/22/2022 at 6:14pm

That sounds like a good idea. Made the trip to St Louis and to Gettysburg in the Hornet so I know it will make the trip but as I have gotten older comfort is becoming a higher priority. LOL

Not to mention that the Highlander gets more than double the gas mileage.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov/22/2022 at 6:33pm

That sounds like a good idea. Made the trip to St Louis and to Gettysburg in the Hornet so I know it will make the trip but as I have gotten older comfort is becoming a higher priority. LOL

Those 2 reasons are why I don't drive one of my AMC's to the shows. Well, that and I have no desire to show a car. I generally limit my drives to about 10-30 miles when I take them out. Have you been to this area before?

Date Posted: Nov/23/2022 at 8:20am

Those 2 reasons are why I don't drive one of my AMC's to the shows. Well, that and I have no desire to show a car. I generally limit my drives to about 10-30 miles when I take them out. Have you been to this area before?
I put the Hornet in display only. What might tip the decision in favor of the Hornet would be swapping the TH400 transmission for an overdrive transmission by then. I have the adapter to use a 700R4 but I am not sure I feel it would be worth the time and money to make the change at this point. Since the Hornet gets 15 mpg on average the fuel stops and rest stops kind of match up which is a good thing at my age. LOL

The wife and I did a trip covering Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, and Cherokee many years ago. I have not been in that area since then so I am looking forward to this excuse to head on over that way again.

-------------

Posted By: dkrtgood
Date Posted: Nov/23/2022 at 8:22am
Planning on this trip, a nice short 700 miles. For sure planning on hitting Tail of the Dragon each way. Probably enter in the driven class as I don't really worry about that trophy crap. still breaking in new motor with almost 500 miles on it in a month so I have plenty of time to gain confidence in the new build. Should be a great road trip. 

-------------
Dave Goodwin
President of Tampa Bay AMC

70 Mark Donohue BBO 390 5-speed
77 Matador Coupe AKA "The Beave"
70 Javelin 360 / Auto - BBG

Posted By: CamJam
Date Posted: Nov/26/2022 at 9:45am
My current cars are drivers rather than show cars. I did drive the '72 to Colorado Springs for the 2021 AMO but Knoxville is a bit far for my liking. Will likely trailer a car and show as "display only" if I go at all.

-------------
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

Posted By: target
Date Posted: Nov/27/2022 at 2:07pm
So which hotels are the host hotels? How far away from the show field? I'm close by so trying to decide if I need a hotel room or not.

Date Posted: Nov/27/2022 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by target target wrote:

So which hotels are the host hotels? How far away from the show field? I'm close by so trying to decide if I need a hotel room or not.
Host hotels are at Exit 398 (Strawberry Plains Road) off I-40. I don't know which hotels but there is a Hampton Inn and a Holiday Inn Express at that exit. Show field is at Carter High School on North Carter School Road. Google Map it. I would guess hotels are 4 to 5 miles away.

Edit: Eddie, I meant to add that it is on your end of Knoxville, before you actually get into town and before where I-640 starts, from your direction. If you google Carter School Road, it is in Strawberry Plains, TN.

Posted By: bikerfox
Date Posted: Dec/15/2022 at 8:52am
Just made a reservation @ Hampton Inn....the last room available.
Better hurry before the Holiday Inn runs out of room!

-------------
1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"

Date Posted: Dec/15/2022 at 3:36pm
UPDATES FOR THE AMO International Show IN Tn.

Due to changes out of control of the AMO Tennessee Chapter they have had to change the location of the Show Field ( original site Carter HS has scheduled summer school classes)

NEW SHOW SITE:
   Pelissippi State Community College
    7201 Strawberry Plains Pike
     Knoxville, Tn.
   Friday, 6-23, Swap Meet and all meetings will be held at the college, the lobby of the college will also provide restrooms and hospitality area.
    Saturday, 6-24, AMO Show and Swap will be at the college on the large parking lot

Trailer parking will be available starting Monday, 6-19, and will be in the grassy area along the entry drive to the college, on the opposite side from the trucking company, Security will be provided by the college stafF.
HOST HOTELS: Remain the same
   Hampton Inn
   Holiday Inn Express

-------------
AMO President
Marlin Club Board Member
1974 Javelin AMX, 401
1967 Marlin
1969 Rebel Raider

Date Posted: Dec/15/2022 at 3:53pm
Well, that show site is a lot closer to the host hotels than the school is. That is an improvement.

Date Posted: Dec/15/2022 at 4:03pm

Well, that show site is a lot closer to the host hotels than the school is. That is an improvement.

Thanks alex, i was just getting ready to look that up.

Date Posted: Dec/15/2022 at 5:39pm

Thanks alex, i was just getting ready to look that up.
It's just on the other side of the interstate from the hotels. Just drive under I-40 and there it is.

Date Posted: Dec/15/2022 at 7:46pm

It's just on the other side of the interstate from the hotels. Just drive under I-40 and there it is.

Alex, are you planning on getting a room?

Date Posted: Dec/15/2022 at 7:50pm

Not sure, but probably. Also, I don't know what night or nights yet.

Date Posted: Dec/15/2022 at 8:10pm

I've been debating about getting a room. I am not sure I really want to make the hour drive up and the hour drive back....

Date Posted: Dec/15/2022 at 8:32pm

I've been debating about getting a room. I am not sure I really want to make the hour drive up and the hour drive back....

It is longer than an hour from your place. It takes right at 30 minutes for me to get on I-81 at Exit 23 from my house. Then, 23 miles on I-81 and another 23 miles on I-40. So, that's 30 minutes plus 46 miles of interstate. Takes me about an hour and ten minutes from here. I will probably stay because I might have a beer or two with the boys.

Date Posted: Dec/15/2022 at 9:00pm

It is longer than an hour from your place. It takes right at 30 minutes for me to get on I-81 at Exit 23 from my house. Then, 23 miles on I-81 and another 23 miles on I-40. So, that's 30 minutes plus 46 miles of interstate. Takes me about an hour and ten minutes from here. I will probably stay because I might have a beer or two with the boys.

Yeah, I figured around an hour and twenty minutes from my place.

Posted By: amxdreamer
Date Posted: Dec/16/2022 at 3:12am
Looks like I need to book a room...

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Dec/16/2022 at 6:50am
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

You come to TN and you won't want to leave...

Date Posted: Dec/16/2022 at 12:53pm
That sounds even better....

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Dec/16/2022 at 2:18pm

Are you bringing your car?

Date Posted: Dec/16/2022 at 2:19pm
If I attend, I will be bringing a car for sure.

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Dec/16/2022 at 4:34pm

You come to TN and you won't want to leave...

Oh please. Not another carpetbagger from up North.

Date Posted: Dec/21/2022 at 7:48am
Originally posted by bikerfox bikerfox wrote:

Just made a reservation @ Hampton Inn....the last room available.
Better hurry before the Holiday Inn runs out of room!

Wow Steve, looks like you're starting to take this Rambler stuff seriously, lol.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec/21/2022 at 7:52am

]It is longer than an hour from your place. It takes right at 30 minutes for me to get on I-81 at Exit 23 from my house. Then, 23 miles on I-81 and another 23 miles on I-40. So, that's 30 minutes plus 46 miles of interstate. Takes me about an hour and ten minutes from here. I will probably stay because I might have a beer or two with the boys.

Ya think?  LOL

-------------

Posted By: Ollie
Date Posted: Jan/08/2023 at 1:35pm
Is the club planning any driving events such as the Dragon's Tail? Maybe a trip to Scotts Hotrod Shop?
Thats stuff I like to do.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

-------------
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd

Posted By: bigbad69
Date Posted: Jan/08/2023 at 7:32pm
The Tail is on my bucket list. An AMC show afterwords would be icing on the cake.

-------------
69 Javelin SST BBO 390 T10

Date Posted: Jan/09/2023 at 9:34am
This is the correct hotel?
Hampton Inn & Suites Sevierville @ Stadium Drive
https://www.google.com/maps/search/?api=1&query=Hampton%20Inn%20&%20Suites%20Sevierville%20@%20Stadium%20Drive,%20Kodak,%20USA/" rel="nofollow - - 105 Stadium Drive Kodak, Tennessee 37764 USA 

-------------
Dave Goodwin

Posted By: bikerfox
Date Posted: Jan/09/2023 at 9:50am
Originally posted by dkrtgood dkrtgood wrote:

https://www.google.com/maps/search/?api=1&query=Hampton%20Inn%20&%20Suites%20Sevierville%20@%20Stadium%20Drive,%20Kodak,%20USA/" rel="nofollow - - 105 Stadium Drive Kodak, Tennessee 37764 USA 

Here are the correct hotels, based on amo.club:

The Hampton Inn 7445 Sawyer Ln Knoxville, TN 37924 865-525-3511

Holiday Inn Express  730 Rufus Graham Rd Knoxville, TN 37924

-------------
1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"

Date Posted: Jan/09/2023 at 10:22am
Originally posted by dkrtgood dkrtgood wrote:

No. That one is at Exit 407 of I-40. Show hotels are at Exit 398, 9 miles to the West.

Date Posted: Jan/09/2023 at 5:48pm
The Hampton Inn is currently fully booked and the Holiday Inn still has rooms available, we have made contact with both hotels requesting additional rooms, but at this stage nothing will be added until the Holiday is fully booked

-------------
AMO President
Marlin Club Board Member
1974 Javelin AMX, 401
1967 Marlin
1969 Rebel Raider

Date Posted: Jan/11/2023 at 8:08am
Originally posted by AMXAL AMXAL wrote:

The Hampton Inn is currently fully booked and the Holiday Inn still has rooms available, we have made contact with both hotels requesting additional rooms, but at this stage nothing will be added until the Holiday is fully booked

The Holiday Inn as of this am is also full, I just booked the Comfort Inn which is right by the show field as well as a Mexican Restaurant Smile

https://www.choicehotels.com/tennessee/knoxville/comfort-suites-hotels/tn486" rel="nofollow - Comfort Suites East

http://bing.com/maps/default.aspx?where1=36.000499,-83.774288" rel="nofollow - - 7230 Region Lane
- Knoxville - , 37914(865) 246-2426

-------------
Dave Goodwin

Date Posted: Jan/11/2023 at 1:01pm
I just contacted the AMO TN Chapter Rep for the show, who also happens to work for the host hotel, and the Holiday Inn still has rooms available IT IS NOT SOLD OUT. But there are other hotels in the area of the show field that are available, Fairfield, Best Western and Super 8 to name a few. Also plenty of food selections besides the Mexican one, Cracker Barrel is nearby, all located on Cracker Barrel Lane next to the college and the show site.

TO THOSE TRAILERING CARS: DO NOT GO TO THE HOTEL FIRST, if you are staying at the Hampton or the Holiday Inn the parking lots are small and will be a problem driving a large rig (24ft trailer and truck) around the parking lot especially as cars are parked. Go to the trailer parking area at the show field first and drop your trailer, help will be there starting Monday of show week, we will post a phone contact as we get closer so you can call ahead so someone will be available to help you park. Security will also be on site starting Monday. Thanks

-------------
AMO President
Marlin Club Board Member
1974 Javelin AMX, 401
1967 Marlin
1969 Rebel Raider

Posted By: Ollie
Date Posted: Apr/07/2023 at 9:51am
I see that a trip to City Garage Car Museum is planned. Cool. What day is this planned for?

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

-------------
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd

Date Posted: Apr/07/2023 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Ollie Ollie wrote:

I see that a trip to City Garage Car Museum is planned. Cool. What day is this planned for?

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
It says Thursday 9-3 on AMO website. The museum location is in my hometown of Greeneville, which is about an hour and 10 minute drive each way from the host hotels. It says meet at Hampton Inn. I assume that a caravan will make its way here from the Hampton Inn. The City Garage Car Museum is the old City Dodge new car dealership. I bought my first car there, a 1965 Dodge Coronet.

Date Posted: Apr/20/2023 at 12:57pm
AMO TN CONVENTION UPDATE:
  The two host hotels, Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn as well as the Fairfield Inn are sold out. There will be no additional rooms allotted to AMO for the discounted rate. There are other hotels in the area near Pellissippi Community College, Best Western, American Inn, Super 8 to name a few. 
DO NOT BRING YOUR TRAILERS TO THE HOTELS, ALL TRAILERS AND TRUCKS NEED TO GO TO THE TRAILER PARKING AREA AT THE COLLEGE FIRST. THERE IS NOT ROOM TO DRIVE THRU OR MANEUVER AROUND THE PARKING LOTS OF THE HOTELS. CHAPTER REPS WILL BE ONSITE AT THE DESIGNATED TRAILER PARKING LOT AT THE COLLEGE STARTING MONDAY, JUNE 19. 24 HR SECURITY WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE STARTING MONDAY. 

-------------
AMO President
Marlin Club Board Member
1974 Javelin AMX, 401
1967 Marlin
1969 Rebel Raider

Date Posted: Jun/03/2023 at 6:54am
It appears that the parts vending is going to start early at this Years show. It changes my plans a little but I am all in it for the parts...

Wow how time flies. I can not believe it is almost here. Cut off date for registration is June 7th and mail in registration is now closed. If you come to the show last min to sign up you can do it the week of the show registration however it will cost more to do so, so get it done now at AMO.club
This is probably some old numbers but here we go.
1. Trailer Parking 90
2. judged cars 82
3 Display cars 89
for a total 173 cars and will not be surprised that it will not hit 200.
4. Baseball Game 59
5. Swap spaces 73
6. Car carral 5
7. T-Shirt sales 201
This is still growing daily you can not believe how many I printed out yesterday and today already.
About trailer parking when you pick up your packet at registration at Pellissippi State Community College on Wednesday 6pm - 8pm, Thursday 10am - 4pm, Friday 10am -4pm and Saturday 8am -9:30am There will be in your packet a sign to put on your trailer this will be for your trailer parking so we can contact you if there is a problem with your trailer or if it needs moved. You WILL NOT be able to park without one. If we have room we might make a exception....
CJ's Taco a Knoxville favorite will be selling at the show from their food truck. So please support him and they are exceptionally good and you will not be disappointed.
We are going to allow vender parking at the school on Wednesday June 21st. We are going to open Vending a day early on Thursday June 22nd from 8am - 4pm due to demand, Friday June 23rd 8am - 4pm and Saturday June 24th Show Day 8am - 4pm
Everyone this is going to be a huge show and if we do this again it might be in a different location due to it huge growth. My expectations from the beginning were a bit different and did not think we would not have more than 150 cars.
We have some great cars, venders and food trucks. It has been a huge amount of work so far and I would like to thank Dan Vice President and Al President from AMO I don't know if we could have done as much without them. All the Members of Tennessee Valley Regional AMC not in any order Chris, Kat, David, Mason, Corry, Dave and his wife and everyone helping at the show.
This is going to be a huge show everyone and a must to see.
Thanks, William Clark - TVRAMC Event Coordinator

Date Posted: Jun/04/2023 at 6:32pm
Well it looks like another change has been made regarding the early vending. Apparently, they have dropped the idea, because of insurance coverage reasons. So it's now back to the originally planned Friday and Saturday swap meet..

Posted By: hacksaw1971
Date Posted: Jun/06/2023 at 5:45pm

Well it looks like another change has been made regarding the early vending. Apparently, they have dropped the idea, because of insurance coverage reasons. So it's now back to the originally planned Friday and Saturday swap meet..
im going to bring ya down the doghouse. i got a hotel and will be checking in on the 22nd.

-------------
its the little things that make the biggest difference

Date Posted: Jun/07/2023 at 8:07pm
AMO TN UPDATE
   At the present time mail in registration is closed,today, by plan, online registration is also closed. The next opportunity for registration will be on Wednesday, June 21 at Pelissippi State College, site of the event, Registration will also be on Thursday, Friday and very limited on Saturday (limited to Registering Display cars only) of the show week. 
The host hotels are full and many nearby local hotels are also sold out.
NO RV OVERNIGHT PARKING IS ALLOWED

ALL TRAILERS MUST HAVE ID TAG ATTACHED TO THE HITCH AREA ( THEY WILL BE IN YOUR WELCOME BAG)TO BE ALLOWED IN THE TRAILER PARKING AREA

REMINDER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BRING YOUR TRAILERS TO THE HOST HOTELS, YOU WILL NOT GET IN, TAKE YOUR TRAILERS TO THE SHOW FIELD TRAILER PARKING AREA AT PELISSIPPI COLLEGE LOCATED AT 7201 STRAWBERRY PLAINS PIKE, KNOXVILLE...CHAPTER PEOPLE WILL BE ON HAND TO HELP PARK YOU. TRAILER PARKING IS UNDER 24 HOUR SECURITY AND VIDEO SURVEILLANCE .

-------------
AMO President
Marlin Club Board Member
1974 Javelin AMX, 401
1967 Marlin
1969 Rebel Raider

Date Posted: Jun/08/2023 at 11:20pm
i was thinking on bringing my S/C down to drive around town. is there a public parking on site so i can leave the truck at the hotel? or can the trailer parking for folks that are showing there ride be used by folks not showing but would like to bring a car to putt around in?

-------------

Date Posted: Jun/11/2023 at 10:48am
There is no room to park your truck and trailer at the host hotels, Hampton or Holiday Inn, you must be registered for the event to use the trailer parking lot at the college, ID tags will be used to identify trailers, if you park in the trailer lot without a tag you risk the chance that it will be removed,at your expense, we are prepared to remove all unauthorized trailers....due to the size of the show and the lateness of registrations, registered AMO members will be given first priority for trailer parking, it is suggested that non members and those just looking to be spectators find their own parking for their vehicles off site. Sorry for the inconvenience, but this show is going to be very large.

-------------
AMO President
Marlin Club Board Member
1974 Javelin AMX, 401
1967 Marlin
1969 Rebel Raider

Posted By: 70BBOAMX
Date Posted: Jun/14/2023 at 4:10pm
Would anyone consider wearing a name sticker with your forum username?. It would let us put a face on those we interact with here

Date Posted: Jun/14/2023 at 6:36pm
only if the sellers have a large sign telling whom they are

Posted By: 1ManGang
Date Posted: Jun/18/2023 at 6:56am
It might be time for that Trailer parking phone number.  

We are pulling in Wednesday Night 9-11pm.

Dave

Posted By: 7172AMX
Date Posted: Jun/18/2023 at 7:26am
Anyone travelling up from Charlotte NC area Friday morning and like to join in the ride up?  

-------------
GoPacKman
71 JavAMX 401 T-10 354TG
72 JavSST 360 727 315TG
98 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4.0 4WD

Date Posted: Jun/19/2023 at 1:28pm
Almost got a wild hair (or is it hare?) about jumping into the '72 at the last minute and driving it to Knoxville, but then remembered I've got a doctor's appointment on Friday.  Oh well, there's always next year!

-------------

Date Posted: Jun/19/2023 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

Almost got a wild hair (or is it hare?) about jumping into the '72 at the last minute and driving it to Knoxville, but then remembered I've got a doctor's appointment on Friday.  Oh well, there's always next year!
If you aren't coming, I am going to suggest leaving your share of beer in a separate cooler to save for next year, but I fear it will disappear. Oh well, it was a good idea. We will drink it, too.

Posted By: sweatlock
Date Posted: Jun/19/2023 at 1:52pm

You know you’re of a certain age when you can’t attend car events because of doctor’s appointments. 

Also, pretty sure it’s wild hair, as in up the wazoo. There might be some happy folks out on the west coast who’d prefer a hare, but whether or not it would fit is something else. And PETA would frown on it.  

Date Posted: Jun/19/2023 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by sweatlock sweatlock wrote:

You know you’re of a certain age when you can’t attend car events because of doctor’s appointments. 

LOL

I'd cancel, but it's with my VA audiologist, and it took me four months to get the appointment.

-------------

Posted By: BU1
Date Posted: Jun/19/2023 at 3:50pm
Looking at the weather forecast, I hope we don't need ponchos and hip waders.

-------------
AMO #2726
#1 1968 AMX Rally Green 343 Z code 4spd since 1975 #02642
#2 1968 AMX Rally Green 290 N code 4spd since 2019 #02959

Date Posted: Jun/19/2023 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by BU1 BU1 wrote:

Looking at the weather forecast, I hope we don't need ponchos and hip waders.

Be sure to check the wiper hoses for vacuum leaks. Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: Jun/19/2023 at 4:19pm
Chilling Nashville till wednesday and then I'll do the short 200 mile haul over to Knoxville!

-------------
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333

Date Posted: Jun/21/2023 at 10:33am
Weather is not looking good for this event.  have your umbrella handy

Date Posted: Jun/21/2023 at 10:51am

Weather is not looking good for this event.  have your umbrella handy
Well, it was perfect weather here in East Tennessee last week and is supposed to be next week. What do you expect but rain this week?

Date Posted: Jun/21/2023 at 10:57am
looking at the weather radar and forecasts.  but i hope yall have good weather.

Date Posted: Jun/21/2023 at 11:01am

looking at the weather radar and forecasts.  but i hope yall have good weather.
Weather forecasts here are pretty much meaningless. It changes often. I think it has to do with the nearby mountain ranges, and how that affects approaching fronts and pop-up storms.

Date Posted: Jun/23/2023 at 3:35am
we be on the way .... should hit the hotel around 2-ish

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net