TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

power brake booster needed 69 Rambler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SANCAPJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2020 at 4:39pm
The correct setup is very hard to find.   I have some brake boosters that I can check - but I will not be able to get to my shop until after the holiday.  I have two 69 SCRs to check them against.  I will check for the mounting bracket also if you would like me to. 
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2020 at 4:49pm
John,
If you get some good pictures, post them and I'll save them to a 'stickie' for others who are looking for what's right on an American/Rambler/SC.

Paul
74 Hornet Hatchback X twins
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed
electricbluesc/360 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electricbluesc/360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2020 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by ramblinrev ramblinrev wrote:

John,
If you get some good pictures, post them and I'll save them to a 'stickie' for others who are looking for what's right on an American/Rambler/SC.

Paul

Paul, I've got a complete assy off and on the shelf from a 
1967 rogue. I can email photos to you tomorrow if John 
doesn't have time or good photos.
sc/360 hornet
5spdwagon View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 5spdwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2020 at 4:59pm
I put one off a concord on my 69
Real hot rods have 3 pedals
6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2020 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Midnight Rambler Midnight Rambler wrote:

Originally posted by 6PakBee 6PakBee wrote:

First off, I think that only a small car booster is going to work.  I'm no expert but I believe that it is physically impossible to use any other booster due to the tight shock tower clearance in an American engine bay.  Now to boosters, if you are retrofitting with disc brakes, that disc brake booster is the same one that the SC/R's use and is almost impossible to find.  I walked the face of the earth for years and ended up paying more than I should have for the one I have for my SC/R.  The drum brake power unit used to be available, in fact I think I have a Cardone reman somewhere.  You would also have to get the mounting bracket and the pedal pushrod.  The picture below (posted by another member of his Rogue) is what you are looking for.

This is all assuming you want OEM parts.  If you go third party aftermarket, then you'll have more options.  Just my two cents.

I think that same single diaphragm booster was used for both drum and disc brakes in the various Americans/Rogues/Ramblers from 64-69.

The booster is the same but the C-C distance for the MC studs is different drum to disc. The disc booster master cylinder mounting studs are approximately 3 1/4" from stud centerline to stud centerline while the drum boosters studs are approximately 3 3/8" apart.
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

"Shotgunning works great for pheasants, not so great for electrical problems"

SANCAPJJ View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SANCAPJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2020 at 7:54pm
Joe if your unit is readily available to photograph - please provide pics.  It will be at least a week before I can get to my shop.  Roger is correct regarding the stud spacing on the master cylinders.   I know I have at least one of the single diaphragm units in my parts - but will have to check to see if it’s power drum or disc.  It would be a core either way and require rebuilding.  
electricbluesc/360 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote electricbluesc/360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2020 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by SANCAPJJ SANCAPJJ wrote:

Joe if your unit is readily available to photograph - please provide pics.  It will be at least a week before I can get to my shop.  Roger is correct regarding the stud spacing on the master cylinders.   I know I have at least one of the single diaphragm units in my parts - but will have to check to see if it’s power drum or disc.  It would be a core either way and require rebuilding.  

I can email them to anyone to post, still have no luck posting from phone.
sc/360 hornet
fts1966 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fts1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2020 at 7:45am
Originally posted by tufcj tufcj wrote:

I'm pretty sure the booster/bracket are unique to the 64-69 American.   I have a booster off a later small body car, but the master is tilted up, and it won't clear the brace that goes to the trunnion towers.  I do have a Wilwood master cylinder on mine (disc/disc), I had to modify the pushrod slightly.

Bob
tufcj 
i would be more than happy having aftermarket booster.  im also open to no power breaks as well i just want Disc up front  

fts1966 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fts1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2020 at 7:49am
Originally posted by SANCAPJJ SANCAPJJ wrote:

The correct setup is very hard to find.   I have some brake boosters that I can check - but I will not be able to get to my shop until after the holiday.  I have two 69 SCRs to check them against.  I will check for the mounting bracket also if you would like me to. 
 yes please that would be great,  also as i said my fathering-law is a machinist.  if i had drawing or measure meant of bracket we could make one ore even a pencil outline of the bracket.  im okay with using aftermarket boosters as well.  again thank you
fts1966 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fts1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2020 at 7:51am
Originally posted by electricbluesc/360 electricbluesc/360 wrote:

Originally posted by ramblinrev ramblinrev wrote:

John,

Paul

Paul, I've got a complete assy off and on the shelf from a 
1967 rogue. I can email photos to you tomorrow if John 
doesn't have time or good photos.
that is suppose to work  i just would need measurements of booster size and bracket and or be willing to purchase from you.  thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic