TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > In Memoriam
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Peter Marano

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2020 at 3:57pm
Sorry to hear,
 Peter was always helpful, and a gentleman here on the forum.

Reading the Kenosha News link above it's obvious the measure of the man he was in real life as well. (thank you bcsideshow for posting this thread and that link)

God Bless Mr Marano and his family.
Rest in Peace.

71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2020 at 4:45pm
My condolences go out to his family and friends...
BrotherBamc View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2020 at 5:41pm
First Pat, now Pete...
Condolences to his family and to all of us here that had the pleasure of meeting him in person or just in messages like I have.
R.I.P. our AMC friend.
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2020 at 6:35pm
Sorry to hear we have lost another AMCer. LRDaum
LRDaum
1analguy View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1analguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2020 at 1:11pm
I first met Pete during our junior year together at Tremper high school in Kenosha in the early '70s. We've been close friends ever since. There was a small group of us who had a ton of AMC adventures together back when we were all young and foolish, but Pete was usually the driving force behind it all. As the years passed, I fully realized how lucky I was to be able to call Pete my friend. I thought of him as the brother that I actually got to choose. He was not only a fine engineer who came down hard on the practical application side of things, he was a fantastic human being. Anyone who ever asked him for anything got it, without hesitation...though usually there wasn't even a need to ask. He was a force of nature; a guy who just took over any room he entered (in a good way!). There are, literally, hundreds of people who are devastated over the loss of him...and I'm beginning to think that I'll never be able to make any sense of his passing at such a young age. I can't help but feel that we all deserved a lot more Pete. What A Guy!

As an addendum, he was rather worked up over his latest project, which he was just getting started: to install an electric drive train in one of his two derelict 68/69 AMXs.     
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2020 at 11:15pm
What a shame! I'm so sorry for his family and friends, and a loss to AMCland and the rest of us. Always helpful and friendly.

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2020 at 2:12pm
Wow, so sorry to see that another name is in this section. I never met Peter, but I talked to him on the phone. He was an engineer in the rear axle department at AMC (mid 70s?) and he explained to me, in detail, how they built the assemblies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic