TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > In Memoriam
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Pat Whiteside

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccowx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2020 at 9:25am
I just receieved a part from him about a week ago! Sorry to hear he is gone and condolences to his family.

Chris 
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2020 at 10:15am
Oh noooo! So sorry to hear this. I've known Pat for a long time, but only actually met him once since I'm 2000+ miles away. In 2006 I was in CA and stopped by and spent a few hours in the afternoon with him, just sitting in his backyard in the shade and talking. Pat was a great guy and will be missed by all.
azfletch View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azfletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2020 at 1:12pm
I am so sorry to hear of Pat's passing. I have parts from him I received 2 weeks ago. He will be missed and hopefully his family knows he was appreciated among his AMC friends. Prayers to the family at this difficult time.
Mark Fletcher
72 AMX 401 with 6K original miles.
70 Mark Donohue Javelin, 390 4 speed with 47K miles.
70 AMX, 390 AT, AC Randall car.
67 Rogue Barbados Blue 290 225HP 4 speed convertible 71K miles.
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2020 at 4:10pm
I'm sorry to hear of Pat passing. I corresponded (before email) ,with Pat many times over the years back to the start of the South Bay AMX club, but I don't think we ever meet in person. LRDaum
LRDaum
bertmorton View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bertmorton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2020 at 6:15pm
So sorry, just got some parts from him for myself a couple weeks ago. RIP Pat
1969 AMX 390
2002 Corvette
1969 Chevelle SS396
1965 Corvette
2022 RX350
2022 Camry XSE
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2020 at 6:30pm
I tell you what......I can't believe it.  I have ordered many parts from Pat.  I last ordered parts from Pat on Friday the 10th, shipped the payment to him the same day.  Got the news from Joe yesterday.  I wrote off the parts, of course, given Pat's passing, because they do not matter in the large scheme of things.  Low and behold, what shows up, the parts.

Pat must have worked on shipping those parts when he was close to the end of his life.  That tells you what kind of a guy he was.  Not because of the parts, but I will NEVER forget his dedication to serving others right up until the end of his life.  That is quite a testimony to a dedicated and humble servant.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
Ohio AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2020 at 6:40pm
So sad when we lose one of the good guys in the hobby.
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1968 Javelin future Pro Street
1969 AMX 290/auto (first car)
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983
DAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2020 at 9:57pm
So sad. I bought a load of parts from him back in October, and talked with him for quite a while in his back yard. It tough to think he is gone, but my car and others here have parts he sold us. He sold us parts so our cars could live, and in a way he still lives through them.

Regards

Don
bigbadgreen View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbadgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2020 at 10:22pm
If Pat had multiple of same item forsale id always ask him for the "best " one he had.Given the parts i recieved from him, I know he did just that.God threw away the mold when he made Pat.

Edited by bigbadgreen - Apr/15/2020 at 10:26pm
AMC4ME2 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC4ME2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2020 at 10:28pm
So sad to hear. I have purchased many parts from him over the last few years. A lot of them lately. Always nice stuff. He was the one I went to first when looking for something. He was a huge asset to many of us trying to keep these AMC's alive. He will truly be missed. R.I.P. Pat

Edited by AMC4ME2 - Apr/15/2020 at 10:53pm
70 Javelin 390 Auto
69 AMX 290 4-Speed
70 AMX 390 4spd BBB Shadow Msk
70 AMX 390 4spd Yel Shadow Msk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic