TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > In Memoriam
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Pat Whiteside

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2020 at 7:27pm
The good ones always hurt when they leave. Glad that I met him.

Steve
401MATCOUPE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401MATCOUPE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2020 at 7:34pm
Pat was a true friend to all and more then willing to help everyone.  He helped move the AMC and AMX forward in the early days when there was no respect given to our cars or owners.  I just saw an old AMX-TRA Club Magazine over the weekend that highlighted his 68 Scarab Gold AMX and the record setting price he got for it after it was shown all over California.  

My condolences to his wife and family......he will be sorely missed for so many reasons.....we were all blessed to have him share his knowledge here and over the phone.

RIP my brother car lover.......
Ross K. Peterson
68X,GoPac,343,AT,52A(1stCar)
68X,GoPac,390,4sp,52A
69X,GoPac,390,4sp,64A
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,87A,8
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,BBO,8
70 Jav SST,390,AT,BSO
74MatX,401,AT,Prototype
74MatX,401,AT
Burnished Brown View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burnished Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2020 at 8:12pm
Very sad for sure. 

Pat was my 'Go-To' guy for any part that I needed for my restorations that I could not easily source.  

I never met Pat, but he was always very fair - even on the rarest parts.

My condolences to his family and to his friends that he had here on the forum.  He truly will be missed.
Terry

1971 Burnished Brown Javelin/AMX
1971 Mustard Yellow Javelin/AMX
1970 Bayshore Blue AMX
1970 Bittersweet Orange Rebel Machine
1969 Beale Street Blue Javelin SST

Have2SC's View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Have2SC's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2020 at 8:14pm
 Bought many parts from Pat over the years and i have tears in my eyes as i type this. You will be missed . 
1971 SC360 Hornet 4 speed   1970 Javelin 390 4 speed "Base Model" 1967 Rambler 220 X code 343 4 speed
calamx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2020 at 8:49pm
Just bought some parts from him. He was a great guy fair and honest. Will keep his family in my prayers it is always tough to lose someone close to you. The whole AMC community lost one of the special ones
69amx
69amx bbg
TX390AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX390AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2020 at 10:20pm
So very sorry to hear of Pat's passing. Like many on this Forum, I was a recipient of some of Pat's treasure trove of AMX parts and always felt he was in it for all of us in the hobby. Sincere condolences to Pat's family, he will be missed by many of us.
Terry
68 AMX 390 4 Sp Rally Green
68 AMX 390 4 Sp Matador Red
68 AMX 390 4 Sp Calcutta   
   Russet
56 Chevy Sedan Delivery
2016 Can AM Spyder
55 Chev pickup
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2020 at 10:45pm
That's terrible news. Condolences to his family and loved ones.

RIP Pat :(

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2020 at 12:50am
Horrible news! Seems like just a week or two ago I got a PM from Pat and he was feeling pretty good.  He was very frank that his condition was terminal, but I did not expect this so soon. I never met Pat in person but he was very helpful and generous when I was restoring my AMX.  Condolences to his family.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

4015spdJavAMX View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4015spdJavAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2020 at 3:34am
Very sad news, and quicker than we all expected, clearly. In the mid 1980's I lived a couple miles away from the Milpitas CA Round Table pizza where the South Bay AMX Club met every month and still does (well...usually). Went to every meeting then, haven't been to a meeting in years, but was planning to go this past March to see Pat and as many have mentioned, to "get a few parts". Pat was obviously planning on coming to the meeting, but the shelter in place and his most recent setback squashed that notion. Pat was a great guy and very fair as many have mentioned, my sympathies to his loved ones and friends.

I'll never forget the autocross the South Bay AMX club hosted at the Concord Pavilion parking lot after a car show here in the Bay Area in the late 1980's. We had a lot of fun that day, I think Pat won the autocross but it was very close! As I recall I went into the last 180 deg turn a bit too hot and handed him the win! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! I think I might have an old photo of that day somewhere, I will see if I can dig it up and scan it.
1972 Jav-AMX 401 4-speed....T56 next?
1970 AMX 390 auto, now 5-speed
1970 AMX 390 4-speed, stock
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2020 at 6:50am
Pat was a great guy and took care of his AMC friends to the very end. So sad to hear of his passing. One of us old timers. Condolences to his family and friends.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic