TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Parts availability

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle0Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parts availability
    Posted: Apr/19/2021 at 7:12pm
I'm looking at buying an 81 eagle sx/4, and was wondering how hard it is to acquire parts for the vehicle should I need anything. Currently the car is in pretty decent shape: next to no rust on the outside panels, only the driver seat has tears in the leather, and mild underbody rust. However, other parts aren't in such nice shape. The passenger rocker panel is rotted out, there's a rust hole in the front driverside wheel well on the frame, and the cloth covering for the ceiling is entirely gone with just the foam remaining. As far as i understand, the I6 it has was used in like every jeep model from that time, as well as parts of the drivetrain (if I'm wrong feel free to correct me), so i should be able to find stuff for that. My main concern is the body. Obviously no one is making new parts, so i gotta find them. Are they easy to come by, how expensive do they tend to be, how hard would it be to manufacture/repair existing parts? I'm new to the forum so hopefully this is the right place to ask about this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic