TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Ollie's 69 Rambler Sedan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 495051
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2021 at 2:50pm
That's great to hear! 
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2021 at 6:41am
Certainly indicates there were problems with the old head!  Glad the new head resolved them.
Frank Swygert
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2021 at 7:52am
HALLELUIAH   !!!!        HALLELUIAH !!!!!!

Made a 387 mile round trip on New Orleans yesterday and nothing but fantastic news to report !!!!
New cylinder head fixed all my issues !!!
Improved performance in all RPM's and NO (zero) oil consumption !!!

I want to take a minute and and sing praises for Mr. Tim Mather and Clearwater Cylinder Heads in Clearwater, FL. During my initial phone conversation with Tim, I knew I had found a competent shop when we discussed valve guides. He knew AMC guides are not replaceable and are cast into the head. He sold me right then and there. That was a Friday afternoon conversation.

First thing Monday morning I phoned Tim with a casting number and, yes, he had a core head. By noon Friday a completely refurbished head was in my shop !!! I just don't know how you can get any better service..........100% satisfied customer.

If you are interested he has the 4.0L head for the 258's also. Again here is a link....

I am now ready to move on to next issue......the front coil over springs on my Fatman front end.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2021 at 6:34am
Great news! If I ever get down to New Orleans again (it's "on the list") I'll have to look you up along the way.
Frank Swygert
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2021 at 7:55am
Originally posted by farna farna wrote:

Great news! If I ever get down to New Orleans again (it's "on the list") I'll have to look you up along the way.

Stop on in Frank, its been a long time since we have spoke in-person. I believe Charleston, SC was the last time? 

In my excitement yesterday I forgot to mention my new brake lite switch. I found this switch and it sounded great but don't buy one. It sure didn't work for me. http://www.ecihotrodbrakes.com/inline_brake_light_switch.html

Every time I stopped and got out of the car, my brake lights were stuck on. If I jammed the pedal hard and fast to the floor they went out. Well, thats not they way you apply brakes, with slow even pressure they stuck on. 

Total waste of money. I should have invested my money in wine, women & song !!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2021 at 11:35am
It's been a long time coming but I finally have the windshield wipers working as they should !!!

Got the new wiper motor arm installed.
New shorter one on the right.

Still of the opinion I did the right thing by switching the vacuum to electric. The delay function is awesome. It was all worth it.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2021 at 5:42pm
That same wiper motor should work for 63-66 Classic, Ambo, and Marlin as well as American. The big cars are a few inches wider, but the cowl is pretty much the same as the American. I think the bit wider is why the big cars have a strange cam on the end -- gives the wipers just a little more throw without having a longer arm. Of course I've yet to find one of those cam things that work!! A little less windshield wiped all the time is better than no wipers. Even the vacuum wipers on the big cars have that cam thingy, IIRC...  No delay with vac wipers, but you can sure slow them way down!

Frank Swygert
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2021 at 10:33pm
This is an update I should do. My Rambler has electric wipers, but the wiper motor arm/crank brushing is in sad shape. Doesn't look like anyone offers those ..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 495051
  Share Topic