TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Restoration facts, question and answer. > Part Numbers, AMC Parts ID and cross-references
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Old school factory stainless steel window visors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Old school factory stainless steel window visors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rallison203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old school factory stainless steel window visors
    Posted: Jan/13/2022 at 2:37pm
Hello all, I'm fairly new to the forum, and was recently made aware of this subsection. 

I have a question about some NOS parts I bought a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I can't post photos yet, but I hope to be able to do so shortly. 

Can someone please help me identify these visors:

AMC Jeep Renault
Part Number R8980015
Group No. 15.420

I've found several manuals but none with the accessories group which I believe is Group 15. There are 4 visors so I assume the vehicle is a sedan. 

Thanks for any help. 
rallison203 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rallison203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2022 at 11:51am
Aren't there any AMC parts experts out there? Somebody has to know what car belongs to these 4 visors!!

Here are a couple of photos -- the original box, one rear visor, and one front visor.

You probably can't see the stamp marks on the visors, but one says R26 LR. I assume that's the size / location.

The fronts do NOT fit an AMC Jeep J10. About an inch or two too short.

If I can't identify them, I'm going to recycle them into Jeep visors that DO fit. .

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic