TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Offenhauser dual carb cover for 195.6 OHV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Offenhauser dual carb cover for 195.6 OHV
    Posted: May/12/2022 at 2:34pm
Someone on the 58 to 63 American FaceBlerk group bought one and I... impulse bought one and now I have credit card debt I can't afford...

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

nickleone View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickleone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2022 at 5:17pm
You can make your own.  Piece of aluminum plate use your manifold for a template. build some risers out of the same plate.  Common table saw will cut plate.  Aluminum chips go every ware.  My npartner in crime built this manifold.
nick
401 71 Gremlin pro rally car sold
390 V8 SX/4 pro rally car sold
1962 Classic SW T5 4 wheel disc brakes
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2022 at 11:22pm
Right! I forgot you'd done this! Yeah I paid 400 for a name. Was that wise? Don't answer, lol. 

wittsend View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wittsend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2022 at 11:54am
Here's hoping this is financially salvageable for you. Might have to slightly discount it and just see that loss as the cost of a lesson learned.

About 35 years ago I bought an Offy intake assuming it was for the Pinto I knew I would eventually own. It was only $5.95 in a thrift store. 25 years later I finally got the Pinto and found out the intake was for a Vega. I looked on Ebay and the last two sold for $100.

I quickly listed the intake hoping that I would make my 15+ times investment. I listed it with a $9.99 starting cost thinking it surely would get bid up. Nope. It sold for $9.99. Cry Then there was the time I saw and Offy 258 4 bbl. intake for $14.99 in the same thrift store. Back then I decided it was too "iffy" that I'd ever own the AMC car to use it. Unhappy A real "damned if I do and damned if I don't" case if I ever saw one. 
'63 American Hardtop
nickleone View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickleone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2022 at 5:16pm
Tom,
I looked for one back in 2010 all found were for the Aluminum block.

Nick
nick
401 71 Gremlin pro rally car sold
390 V8 SX/4 pro rally car sold
1962 Classic SW T5 4 wheel disc brakes
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2022 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by nickleone nickleone wrote:

Tom,
I looked for one back in 2010 all found were for the Aluminum block.

Well I'll see when it gets here I guess but this is the item description...

DESCRIPTION
Offenhauser 5405 Rambler Dual manifold. For use with stock carburetors.

Fits 1956-1964 Cast Iron 6.0 HV cylinder engine

Edited by tomj - May/13/2022 at 9:38pm

pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2022 at 5:59am
I have one I have been deciding whether or not to use.  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
Pokerchip View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokerchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2022 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by tomj tomj wrote:

Someone on the 58 to 63 American FaceBlerk group bought one and I... impulse bought one and now I have credit card debt I can't afford...

Oh dear, that was me. I didn't realise I'd be such a bad influence on you Tom! I got lucky with mine and found it on eBay, with postage to Australia included it was about $400 AUD. 

I had seen them listed at White Owl Speed, but didn't buy as it was too rich for me. 
1962 Rambler American 400 Convertible

1967 Rambler American 440 Sedan
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2022 at 9:32pm
Lol you were a bad influence!! No worries I'm a grown up I can make own misteaks!

Jmerican View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmerican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2022 at 11:44am
Broke the Rambler Rules! So indulgent. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic