TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New V8 Oil Pan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2022 at 12:43pm
if that is there plan let us know when they go on sale  i will buy one 
69 amx 290 auto
65 220 290 4spd
80 ford fairmont
jcisworthy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2022 at 2:21pm
I will post an update when they are close to being ready for sale with pricing and estimated release dates. 

It sounds like they will be square enough on the bottom so the capacity will be 7.5-8 qts with a 1qt oil filter and factory pickup. 

If they make it sharp edge square on the bottom like it sounds they are I think it will get the 7.5-8 quart capacity with a factory depth and factory pickup making it a performance direct replacement pan 
Specializing in dyno services, engine building, and cylinder head porting

rbjracing.com
Phone Number 518-915-3203
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2022 at 6:29am
I'll need a couple of them. A link to where they can be purchased would be much appreciated (when the time comes). Thanks for your efforts on this!
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2022 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by jcisworthy jcisworthy wrote:

I will post an update when they are close to being ready for sale with pricing and estimated release dates. 

It sounds like they will be square enough on the bottom so the capacity will be 7.5-8 qts with a 1qt oil filter and factory pickup. 

If they make it sharp edge square on the bottom like it sounds they are I think it will get the 7.5-8 quart capacity with a factory depth and factory pickup making it a performance direct replacement pan 

Sounds awesome! I may be in the market for one!
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2022 at 2:21pm
Heard from Moroso today. Said sometime next week he should have a finish date for the first one to send me for approval. 

I will share what information I get when I get it 

rbjracing.com
WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2022 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by jcisworthy jcisworthy wrote:

Heard from Moroso today. Said sometime next week he should have a finish date for the first one to send me for approval. 

I will share what information I get when I get it 

Good to hear!
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2022 at 2:53pm
I'm guessing Moroso will be offering an expensive racing type pan, like Milodon.  I don't really want to spend $400.  Are there any OEM-quality pans out there besides Crown?
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2022 at 3:52am
The Moroso pan will be more like a stock replacement with a squared off sump for a 7 plus quart capacity and will cost more than a Crown but much less than a Milodon or Canton. 

I asked to make it work with a stock pickup if possible also and as of now that is the plan. Waiting for an update on time to complete. Hopefully this week I get an update 

rbjracing.com
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2022 at 6:22am
Was told yesterday, before Christmas Moroso will have a prototype made 

Like I said, things go slow with new products but thankfully there is movement on it

rbjracing.com
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2022 at 6:37am
With more and more Jeep owners going the LS route, the small market for AMC cars, the economy/inflation, COVID, etc. it’s a minor miracle that any company is willing to develop new products for our hobby. And this is a great product that increases oil capacity, uses the stock oil pump pickup and looks stock-ish. 

Thanks John for working to develop this in partnership with Moroso. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic