TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New Machine Wheel Center Cap Set

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Machine Wheel Center Cap Set
    Posted: Apr/09/2022 at 5:38am
 These have just become available for pre-order reproduction 71-72 bulge style center caps they look NOS complete with medallions in the pictures it looks like they come with the retainers. The 70 straight style will become available soon.

J
https://www.amcpartswarehouse.com/collections/frontpage/products/amc-machine-wheel-center-cap-set

Edited by JGRANTAMX - Apr/09/2022 at 11:11am
71 Javelin AMX O.O. View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71 Javelin AMX O.O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2022 at 10:22am
made of plastic or metal/pot metal?
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2022 at 10:27am
 The add says all metal construction.

J
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2022 at 10:29am
That's one of those items I'd really like to have in my hand to examine before I shell out the $$$ for a set.
"Prolly" is not a word.
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2022 at 10:38am
 The only other option is the cast ones available from AMC vendors they are crappy not chrome finished only nickel plated with a gold tint there are ripples in the finish and the medallion is a flat light blue easy to distinguish from OE and now these at 50'. These have a chrome finish engine turned inserts with the correct translucent blue and come with the retainers for $29 more no comparison. When the 70 straight caps become available I am getting a set with a spare set of medallions like most other AMC reproduction parts get them while you can.

J

JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2022 at 10:45am
 There is another option a set of 50 year old NOS caps showing age on ebay for $2040 shipped I doubt they will look better than these repro's.

J

Edited by JGRANTAMX - May/25/2022 at 8:17am
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2022 at 11:06am
I decided why wait and bought the medallions already this is pre-order and should ship out on or about 4/20/22.

J

bbgjc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbgjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2022 at 12:50pm
Yep, I saw that and I'll be right behind you in ordering.   
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2022 at 6:46am
I received the Machine wheel inserts yesterday they look nice just like OE.

J
6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2022 at 7:20am
Just ordered a set of the medallions.  You have to strike when the iron is hot.  Thanks for posting they were available in something other than vinyl. 
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic