TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New Fender badges (american, rogue etc)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostrider_32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Fender badges (american, rogue etc)
    Posted: May/24/2022 at 12:51pm
Gents, 
  One of my coworkers has a small company that can remake new badges for older vehicles. He can have them chrome or nickel plated. Yall think there would be any market in new repops of OEM badging? Im taking him an american badge tomorrow for him to look at, would like to get the measurements on the Rogue emblem if anyone has one as well.

kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 3:12pm
https://www.amcpartswarehouse.com

sounds like this guy
AMO Newsletter Editor
SCRAGTOP View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCRAGTOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 4:17pm
It all boils down to QUALITY.  Some people care, some don't.  If you want longevity for selling repop emblems, then quality matters.  Lots of sloppy castings with yellow chrome out there...  Typically most places make a mold from an already good piece and what is not realized is that potmetal will shrink a little after coming out of the mold and then the final product will not fit.  Had that problem with 68/69 AMX quarter panel circles.  Can't stress quality enough! 
madams View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 5:52pm
I bought a set of the 68-69 quarter circles and they were flat (not slightly bent as the originals) and the pins were not quite in the right place so broke one off tying to install.  Other products may be better but I ended up sending the quarter circles back and never heard back from them.
68 AMX 390 4SP
67 RS Camaro 327 Auto
SCRAGTOP View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SCRAGTOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 8:48pm
I met this amc parts warehouse guy in Connecticut last year.  Nice enough guy but I harped about the yellow tint to the chrome.  I believe he fixed that issue.  The pictures of his Machine caps look really good but I would like to see them in person before ordering a set. 
bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 10:22pm
I bought some 390 emblems for the '70.  Near perfect replica ex. for the red paint color--his looks more orange-y, whereas the original was more red.
1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"
6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2022 at 7:47am
I bought a set of the Machine center cap inserts (hope I'm using the correct term) and they were spot on.  Very happy with them.
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2022 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Ghostrider_32 Ghostrider_32 wrote:

Gents, 
  One of my coworkers has a small company that can remake new badges for older vehicles. He can have them chrome or nickel plated. Yall think there would be any market in new repops of OEM badging? Im taking him an american badge tomorrow for him to look at, would like to get the measurements on the Rogue emblem if anyone has one as well.

A guy named Alex is going whole-hog on reproducing stuff like this. And he's doing nice work. I'm not sure I'd encourage anyone else to jump in-from an "I hope there is a market" standpoint. But anyone who wants to remake nice AMC parts is welcome to-provided Fiat/Chrysler doesn't come after them!

74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
70,71,72 AMXS View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,71,72 AMXS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2022 at 11:35am
Maybe since there is yet another new owner of Chrysler (Stellantis) they won't care..
Bruce in NW Ohio
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2022 at 12:06pm
Chrysler (whatever their name is now) came down pretty hard on the people repopping parts with designs they still own copyrights to a few years ago.  Even though they don't support AMC in any way, they still own copyrights to the logos and want their cut through licensing.   That's why Amark quit selling things like the battery toppers and inflator covers.  They had AMC logos and Chrysler wanted them to license.   A few parts he can probably get away with.  If he starts a store front or web site, you can bet he'll get a cease and desist letter.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic