TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New EFI Intake Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 82838485>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jcisworthy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2021 at 3:17pm
Specializing in dyno services, engine building, and cylinder head porting

rbjracing.com
Phone Number 518-915-3203
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2021 at 4:54pm
I bought these Cap-Plugs through McMaster Carr.  $4.26 for 10 of them.  They are rated at 450 degrees.  We will see how they work.
IMG_5640 by Rick Jones, on Flickr
klvn8r View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klvn8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2021 at 11:58am
Curious....  How many of these complete EFI kits have sold and are out there running around.  Trouble-free?  Easy?  And I guess now that we have "supply chain" issues and Edelbrock's recent move.....what is the wait time after you order?

Thoughts?

purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2021 at 12:08pm
Ive been waiting for almost 2 years for my victor jr..
LouB View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2021 at 12:23pm
I have had my PF4 for 11 months or so.  Although the engine is not in the car, it's on a run stand, the fresh 360 fired right up and the EFI system works great.  It sits for a month or two and fires up on first push of the button.  Couldn't be more happy.  One word of wisdom- read the install manual and follow steps precisely and you won't have issues.  Set the distributor as instructed.

Lou

LouB
klvn8r View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klvn8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2021 at 12:43pm
Lou B is in Colleyville?  I work in Irving.....wouldn't mind seeing that sometime!!

tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2021 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by purple72Gremlin purple72Gremlin wrote:

Ive been waiting for almost 2 years for my victor jr..

Me too.  Ordered September 2020 thru Jeg's.  Called them a month or so ago and still no ETA.

Bob
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
5spdwagon View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5spdwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2021 at 2:10pm
I glad I bought 2 of them when I got mine.
Real hot rods have 3 pedals
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2021 at 7:46pm
I ordered a plain intake no machining done for injection and the full injection package before the virus hit and before the move.
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. It took a while to get them, but I got excellent deals on them as well.
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
73pc4sp View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73pc4sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2022 at 3:34pm
For the guys that have installed and driven their cars with the Pro Flo 4, I am interested in their thoughts if it was worth it in regards to driving experience, performance, and reliability.

73 PC 360 4sp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 82838485>
  Share Topic