TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New EFI Intake Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 85>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2020 at 10:04am
I doubt anywhere.   I ordered mine back in August.   Expected ship date is today, we'll see.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2020 at 10:15am
 Just a little info, I am one of those car guys that looks down the road a bit and tries to anticipate any issues there could be, given the Pro-Flow 4 is an aftermarket setup and how quickly things change replacement parts and support can dry up I decided to prepare a bit. In the Pro-Flow 4 manual under "BATTERY CHARGER PRECAUTIONS" there are 5 warnings about no more than 10 AMPS of charge power with PF-4 connected and to disconnect the battery if it needs a full charge, it seems to me that's probably Edelbrock's way of CYA. That statement would lead me to believe they didn't spend a lot of money on electrical protection. So I bought a small inline DC to DC power supply as a power conditioner then bought a spare PCM, Distributor, IAC, and sensors TPS, MAP, O2 and Temp. The manual list "varies" for the distributor P/N Edelbrock sales didn't have any info I had to contact Tech to get that number, I am glad I got that stuff now instead of years down the road when there could be an issue with the car not running.

J

Edited by JGRANTAMX - Dec/13/2020 at 10:21am
mbwicz View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbwicz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2020 at 12:41pm
Jgrant,
  I know that Holley used OEM sensors where possible in the sniper setup I had.  I thought it was nice to be able to get a GM TPS at any parts store nearby. Does it seem like Edelbrock did the same, or is there some custom stuff in there?  Is the dizzy an MSD unit, or special?
  Thanks for any help, you are several months ahead of me on your build.

Mike

1970 AMX, one step forward, one step back. Both steps cost time and money.
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2020 at 1:24pm
mbwicz

The sensors are GM issue the TPS is slightly different where it mounts but will fit I checked. The Edelbrock Tech site goes on about the distributor being a specific part and MSD or Holley is not supposed to work so I didn't want to find out years later they were right and bought the correct one.

J

Edited by JGRANTAMX - Dec/13/2020 at 1:32pm
LouB View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LouB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2020 at 5:40pm
Well, I finally fired up my 360 on the run stand with the new ProFlo4 setup.  Fired right up first crank.  Really nice setup from Edelbrock!
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2020 at 8:48am
Lou,

That's awesome, I've been wondering of the practicality of starting a fresh engine on the Pro Flo 4 EFI.

Now that I now it's possible and has been done, I can work on the same idea.

Any chance of posting a picture or two?
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
LouB View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2021 at 8:00am
Yes, I would love to share my pictures but I'm unable to post pictures on this Forum due to lack of points.  I guess that I haven't earned enough points or something.  I have a bunch of pictures I would like to post about my rotisserie restoration of my 71 Javelin.  Send me a private with your email address and I'll email you some engine pictures.  Also, if someone can tell me how I can earn some quick points so I can start sharing pictures it would be great.

Thanks,
Lou
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2021 at 9:16am
You need 30 points (posts).  You're almost 1/2 way there.  Just read topics that interest you and reply.  You can use a photo hosting service and attach links.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
LouB View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2021 at 9:39am
Ok, great.  I'll go search around various topics and will post comments!

Thanks,
Lou
LouB View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2021 at 12:35pm
Well I got enough points!
Here's a link to some of the engine build pics and it running for the first time.  I'll try to take some better pictures of the run stand.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 85>
  Share Topic