TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New AMC motor mounts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New AMC motor mounts
    Posted: Nov/30/2021 at 7:09am
A fellow has started making "universal" AMC motor mounts. They replace the original mounts directly with a different design similar to GM LS mounts. They have multiple mounting holes so they can also be used to mount an LS engine in an AMC or an AMC V-8 on AMC I-6 crossmember -- but only in Javelin/AMX and large cars, NOT the small American/Hornet sized cars. Maybe he can be convinced to do that next...

Since I suspect they will predominately be used to mount LS engines in AMCs I posted details in the Frankenrambler section. Some may want to replace the old style AMC mounts or use them to mount AMC V-8s in six cylinder bodies, so I though it appropriate to mention here as well. Link to more details and contact info below.

Frank Swygert
XRX744 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2022 at 11:23pm
I have a set of his mounts. They are well made and fit good.
69 AMX, pro touring /track car, TEAM tribute, aka: "The Kenosha Corncob"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic