TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New 1968/69 Javelin/AMX/Rambler suspension upgrade
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New 1968/69 Javelin/AMX/Rambler suspension upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2017 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Midnight Rambler Midnight Rambler wrote:

Very interested in these. I crushed another original bushing, it's time to replace them all...maybe with a better handling upgrade.

Even though a trunnion setup functions well when properly maintained, there is added benefit with better more modern caster with radials. As for your needs having adjustability beyond what the Rambler trunnion design is capable, without modifications, may not be fully utilised. Though practical for its cost.

It's a nice option for those finding trunnion a bit limiting for their particular needs.

71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
pat 69 javelin View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pat 69 javelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2017 at 3:34pm
so it looks like you have to drill 8 holes in the shock tower ? Do you have any photos of what the button head bolts look like from the inside of engine compartment ? Very interested the parts you listed for summit all look quality made springs are even powder coated !!! you can reach me at pat@wholesaleautoinc.com

Edited by pat 69 javelin - Aug/20/2017 at 4:48pm
343sharpstick View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2017 at 8:52am
I will email you as well.
yes, you need to drill 8 holes, but only 6 are visible. Shown are the visible fasteners inside the engine compartment.
This is my car, and I'll at a minimum paint them body color this winter.
The bracket could also be welded in, and in that case, there would be no visible evidence of the upgraded suspension.

If(Or realistically when) I pull the engine I'll weld the top bracket in and repaint the engine bay.

Edited by 343sharpstick - Aug/21/2017 at 8:57am
6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2017 at 10:15am
Have you gotten started on this next batch? Also which steering box are you running?
Thanks...
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2017 at 10:45am
Yes, next batch is moving along. I have a batch of 6 kits currently in process.
Top brackets, and bottom brackets are all completed, and I have all the bent DOM tubing and hardware for the upper control arms, and I'll get those finished up in the next few weeks.
I'll be sending an email as kits become available.
Stay tuned.

I'm using the stock '69 SST steering box. I'm actually looking at upgrading to a quicker ratio box, so if anyone has a recommendation on which one to get please let me know.

Thanks
Mike

Edited by 343sharpstick - Aug/21/2017 at 10:58am
6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2017 at 11:15am
Sounds great!
pat 69 javelin View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pat 69 javelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2017 at 9:12pm
just ordered a set of dougs d104 headers for my 69 javelin. was wondering if any one had photos of engine mount modifacations they had to make. right now my engine and tranny 727 are out of the car and will probably do the suspension work first just wondering what im in for.
thanks Pat
akimmet View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akimmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2017 at 10:32am
I am definitely interested in this suspension kit for my 1968 AMX. It looks almost exactly like what i was looking for.
Is there any chance in making a lower control arm as well?

PM sent.
akimmet View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akimmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2017 at 10:36am
Originally posted by pat 69 javelin pat 69 javelin wrote:

just ordered a set of dougs d104 headers for my 69 javelin. was wondering if any one had photos of engine mount modifacations they had to make. right now my engine and tranny 727 are out of the car and will probably do the suspension work first just wondering what im in for.
thanks Pat

http://theamcforum.com/forum/dougs-headers-pictures_topic40234_page3.html

Here is a link to some good pictures showing what needs to be done for d103 headers. The D104 headers might be similar. You can always mock your headers and engine mounts up on the engine stand to check engine mount clearance.

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2017 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by akimmet akimmet wrote:

I am definitely interested in this suspension kit for my 1968 AMX. It looks almost exactly like what i was looking for.
Is there any chance in making a lower control arm as well?

PM sent.

I got your PM, thank you!
Yes, I'm definitely looking into a lower control arm option as a "Stage2" offering. I have several ideas, but I need to first catch up  orders for this kit before I can allow myself to be distracted with the next thing.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic