TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New 1968/69 Javelin/AMX/Rambler suspension upgrade
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New 1968/69 Javelin/AMX/Rambler suspension upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2021 at 4:03pm
[QUOTE=roadventure]

I can help answer these based on installing this kit on a 68 AMX
some questions:

1) What, if any cutting and welding fabrication is needed to the OEM body?
No welding required, you will have to drill 6 holes around your shock towers. Welding it in is optional, but it would give you no holes.
2) What additional steering components would need to be replaced to work with your kit?
70+ Steering knuckles are needed (eliminates the trunnion top), all other stock components work the same. It is a good time to replace the old worn steering components if needed.

3) What skill level would you estimate that a person need to remove OEM suspension and install your kit?
If you can disassemble and remove the old front suspension then you should be fine. It goes in easier than it came out. The car will need to go to the alignment shop before driving.  I hope this helps.

Edited by XRX744 - Nov/12/2021 at 4:35pm
69 AMX, pro touring /track car, TEAM tribute, aka: "The Kenosha Corncob"
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2021 at 4:42pm
Since the main “advantage” of this kit is to eliminate the trunnions, and the lower control arm and strut remain, I don’t see the point. I mean, the majority of modern cars don’t use an upper ball joint, they have a lower ball joint only with a McPherson strut. I don’t see what all the hubbub is about the trunnions - I’d be more concerned about the lower control arm and strut. 

If someone could develop a kit that replaces the lower control arm and strut with a true lower A-arm, man I’d be all in. 
343sharpstick View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2021 at 6:59pm
I've had some other priorities recently and had to step away from building kits for a bit.
I'll be resuming shipments this week.

Herb, not sure if I had contacted you outside the forum, but to answer your questions, I do not have a web presence, or social media yet as I am already behind. I think more exposure would just make more frustrated customers waiting for parts. That said, if you have not contacted me, shoot me an email and I'll get you any information you are looking for.

XRX744, thanks for answering the questions for me Smile!

I can get customers the entire kit, including a new ARGO steering knuckles, and all the QA1 parts needed in one shipment, or you can supply them on your own if you choose.

I have some other parts in the works too. However the trick is to try and find other resources with appropriate level of craftsmanship at a cost that is reasonable. I just picked up some prototype brake caliper brackets today.

Thanks for the patients of all who are still waiting.Confused

Michael
dairylandfab@tds.net

Edited by 343sharpstick - Nov/15/2021 at 7:02pm
farmerjohnson View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmerjohnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2021 at 3:27am
Michael, I sent you an email. No rush just wanted to verify that I’m not spam. 

Thanks,
Nich
Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2022 at 8:47am
Any news on the LCA and strut rod upgrade?

Edited by Buzzman72 - Apr/10/2022 at 8:49am
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
NorthEastAMClassics View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorthEastAMClassics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2022 at 7:49am
Thanks for the update, Mike. Let me know when complete kits are available for shipment.

Herb
NorthEastAMClassics View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorthEastAMClassics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2022 at 8:28am
Mike, I'd be looking to get the entire kit, as we discussed, as soon as you're able to ship one. Just let me know.

Thanks,
Herb
pos6871 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pos6871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2022 at 9:51am
Hi Michael, I just sent you a email in regards to your kit, just want to make sure you got it Thanks Damian 
Pos68 68 javelin, 79 amx, and 71 javelin
festere View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2022 at 11:10pm
Hi Mike, I sent you an email asking about your kit. Thanks, Mark.
RandyB View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2022 at 12:35pm
Mike,
 Are you still doing the kits?

Thanks,
 Randy
Randy B
68 Javelin SST 343
73 Charger Rallye 340 triple Blk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
  Share Topic