TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior > HVAC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Modern A/C

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glennrock1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modern A/C
    Posted: Jun/20/2020 at 9:23am
I have a '72 JAV/AMX that was equipped with A/C, however; the evaporator needed to be replaced, and I have since removed the compressor and all the lines. I would like a compact Sanden type compressor, however; doses someone manufacture a in dash unit evaporator to enable me to use the stock air/hear vents. Also; which side do ones A/C lines run? This car they ran on the drivers side into the firewall, but I swear another '72 I owned the lines ran on the passenger side into the firewall. On this install I would like to run the lines inside the fenders so as not to clutter up the engine bay.
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2020 at 11:03am
You might want to check out my thread on putting Vintage Air in. http://theamcforum.com/forum/vintage-air-install-in-7174-javelin_topic99734.html Not sure if that's what you're looking for or not.

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi powered Javelin
glennrock1 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glennrock1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2020 at 11:11am
I appreciate the reply, I'll check it out...
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glennrock1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2020 at 11:25am
WHOA !!!   That was great !  Pictures ARE worth a 1000 words. Very informative and helpful, mucho appreciated....
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2020 at 11:55am
 That is a nice custom AC install! If you still have the removed AC parts it seems it would be easier to buy another evaporator and get you original system working again, you could try posting an add in the wanted section here also there are some listed evaporators on ebay new and used.

J
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glennrock1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2020 at 12:00pm
I'm not really interested it keeping the car OEM, as I've already done some modern upgrades on her. Having the newest and the best is what I'm after. I've kept the car pretty much looking stock, however; I've put EFI, aluminum radiator w/electric fans, lowed her and installed a Tremec transmission....but to the untrained eye she still looks stock.

G
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic