TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Meadowdale Raceway Car Show (9-12) featuring AMC's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Meadowdale Raceway Car Show (9-12) featuring AMC's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ram Air Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meadowdale Raceway Car Show (9-12) featuring AMC's
    Posted: Aug/13/2020 at 9:33am
 Fellow Forum members...
 Ray Larson asked me to post this on the AMC Forums to get the word out to members here to let people know about and gauge interest in this upcoming event.

You can comment here but if you plan on attending and or have some of the AMC related materials Ray alludes to, then you should email him (see below) and can also post here. Ray is a member here and does monitor the forum. All questions should be addressed to him.

Thank you and read below...

Dear AMC guys,

I belong to a group called the Meadowdale International Raceway Preservation Association (MIRPA). It's a group dedicated to preserving as an  historical site Meadowdale's race track. Every September they have a big car show along what used to be the straightaway of Meadowdale's track.  Two years ago Linda Daro, who spearheaded and runs MIRPA, asked me to put together a 50th anniversary celebration of the AMX and Javelin. I did it. We had twelve great AMXs and Javelins. I also printed up a lot of small signs giving little vignettes about AMC, it's history, and even more … it's race history. We later found out that it was one of the highlights of the entire show. Some of the comments that people made to me during the show were that they had never known some of these things about AMC, its racing accomplishments, and that AMC had some really neat cars.

Well, Linda has asked me to put on another one. This time she would like us to make an even bigger production highlighting AMC, possibly even with some speakers talking about the interesting history of American Motors.  It will take place Saturday, September 12, 2020. I told her I would. 

< ="-1" ="c27KHO0_n b_0 M_0 i_0 I_T y_Z2hYGcu A_6EqO r_P C_q cvhIH6_T ir3_1JO2M7 P_eo6" ="" -test-id="icon-btn-download" title="Download" style="font-family: YahooSans, "Helvetica Neue", "Segoe UI", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: transparent; line-height: 0; appearance: none; padding: 4px; font-size: 13px; margin: 0px; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; cursor: pointer;">
< ="-1" ="c27KHO0_n b_0 M_0 i_0 I_T y_Z2hYGcu A_6EqO r_P C_q cvhIH6_T ir3_1JO2M7 P_eo6" ="" -test-id="icon-btn-download" title="Download" style="font-family: YahooSans, "Helvetica Neue", "Segoe UI", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: transparent; line-height: 0; appearance: none; padding: 4px; font-size: 13px; margin: 0px; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; cursor: pointeThe old straightaway at Meadowdale Raceway                   See the sign in the lower right hand corner….

I am reaching out to as many of you AMC guys with nice AMC cars as I can. I would like to highlight one section with some of the 1970 models. It's their 50th anniversary. As in 2018, I would like to have a series of small signs like in the picture above with short historical vignettes about American motors. Things that could be read quickly. In 2018 we also had a number of these small signs with pictures of Ronnie Kaplan's and Mark Donahue's racing Trans-Am Javelins with captions. 

I would like help with what we could write on these signs. There would also be room for some of the signs that you folks have about your own cars. You can see an example of that behind the red AMX in the picture above. I'm also looking for folks who might want to do some interesting short talks about AMC. Any volunteers? Those would take place in one of the tents near our displays.

I'm looking for clean attractive examples of AMC cars. If they are cars with a history, that's even better, but not essential.

One of the things that I learned from the 2018 show was that this gave a really neat picture of what AMC was… and what it could've been, to a lot of people who would have otherwise never known.

I need to hear from you soon the car you would like to show. I'll need to  begin designing the configuration of the car layout to make one…  really … great ….show and I'm running out of time. Please contact me soon if you'd like your car included. 

Meadowdale is in Carpentersville, Illinois. Carpentersville is about 50 miles west of downtown Chicago. Google "Former Meadowdale International Raceway roars back to life during classic car show… Elgin Courier" to view an article in a local newspaper after the 2018 show for more info and pictures.

Thanks folks.

Ray Larson (Racing Ray)….Ramlarson@aol.com

Edited by Ram Air Rick - Aug/13/2020 at 9:38pm
Rich Corsello
Burnished Brown View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burnished Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2020 at 3:37pm
I have already contacted Ray Larson.  I will be bringing my 1970 Bayshore Blue AMX.  I was there in 2018 and able to have three of my Javelins on display.  Hope to see a bunch of other AMC's in attendance this September.
Terry

1971 Burnished Brown Javelin/AMX
1971 Mustard Yellow Javelin/AMX
1970 Bayshore Blue AMX
1970 Bittersweet Orange Rebel Machine
1969 Beale Street Blue Javelin SST

Have2SC's View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Have2SC's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2020 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Burnished Brown Burnished Brown wrote:

I have already contacted Ray Larson.  I will be bringing my 1970 Bayshore Blue AMX.  I was there in 2018 and able to have three of my Javelins on display.  Hope to see a bunch of other AMC's in attendance this September.
Havent contacted Ray yet but i as thinking about bringing the 70 out for this. Sounds like a good time. 
1971 SC360 Hornet 4 speed   1970 Javelin 390 4 speed "Base Model" 1967 Rambler 220 X code 343 4 speed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic