TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

matador x coupe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSX 401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2020 at 5:38pm
It's always good when you can move it via it's own power............
I'll follow these lines a little ways more,

Until I can find what I'm looking for.

With the pedal to the metal,

I'm gaining my speed.

Riding down low in my AMC.....
mopar63 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2020 at 2:31am
still progressing  along, nearly done all the rust ,have found some lovely 80's type panel shop work at the rear valance,the mig and some new panel steel will sort that
also amgoing to refit the bumpers with mods to the 5 mph bumper brackets to bring the bumpers closer to the body.

mopar63 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2020 at 2:01am
Sorted the metal work on one side of the rear valance.

Edited by mopar63 - Nov/11/2020 at 3:31am

mopar63 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2020 at 3:48am
Starting to take shape.more pics coming.a bit of sanding and priming but happy with progress.got a box of goodies from rockauto today too so plenty to keep me busy

mopar63 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2020 at 3:54am

amcenthusiast View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2020 at 10:23pm
Notes:

-Matador fastback has AMX/3 for it's styling preview car...

-Matador fastback grille shape is kin to Triumph TR4... (no doubt... but why?)

-the tail lights have an older/traditional road race look (like old Ferrari ?)

You've seen the four door and station wagon versions of Matador fastback?

(the four door coupe looks great! -who knows why they called the fastback model a 'coupe'?)

443 XRV8 Gremlin YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=2DmFOKRuzUc
XRV8 Race Parts website: http://amcramblermarlin.1colony.com/
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2020 at 4:16am
Generally any two door is referred to as a coupe. If no B pillar then it would be a hardtop coupe or convertible coupe. If it has a B pillar it would be a sedan. In the case of the Matador Coupe, it qualifies under the basic definition. It has a B pillar but the door glass is frameless which is more typical of a sedan door.
These days the term "Coupe" is being misused as Volkswagen, Mercedes and others have been "incorrectly" referring to some of their current 4 door models as coupes as they have a roof that has a sportier roof profile. IMO to be a coupe the car must have only two doors.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
mopar63 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2021 at 11:27pm
Got sick of my bonnet hinges bending and twisting on the factory springs so i took off the springs and installed gad struts.much better.to be fair the hinges are worn and I still have to adjust them a bit, but at least they aren't fighting with the springs now !

Edited by mopar63 - Jan/02/2021 at 2:54am

mopar63 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2021 at 3:44am
So have done away with the '5mph' part of the bumpers.will look much better i think being closer to the body.the bumpers had been painted in the past as the chrome was toast so will be colour coded again

Edited by mopar63 - Jan/30/2021 at 3:47am

motorhead_1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motorhead_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2021 at 7:54am
looking good!
i like the hood strut idea, may have to give that a go on my rebel. thx
69 SC/Rambler tribute 401/th400, 68 Rebel SST LSA, 66 F100 460/c6, 88 Merkur Xr4Ti, 71 Jaguar XJ6 LS1, 08 Supercharged Tundra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic