TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

matador x coupe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/02/2020 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by mopar63 mopar63 wrote:

Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

What a great project-- if you can get all those hard-to-find Matty coupe parts that is, lol.  

BTW, I'm from NZ originally, My dad was from Otane, my mother from Napier and they lived in Hastings when they were first married.  Later they moved up north to Warkworth, where I was born.
wow small world!,I seeyou have a bbo amx- I had one too,not factory ,I painted it that along with my old Javelin!,yep some bits are hard to find  ,some easy.
windscreen is the hardest may have found one over there NOS ,prob hefty price , can get one made here in NZ,but have another idea I'm working on...

Actually the windscreens are fairly easy to get.  I've bought them for both my AMX and Javelin, less than US$300 installed.  I've seen them from time to time for much less than that without installation.  My sister lives up in the Bay of Islands.  Maybe she can bring you one back in her suitcase on her next visit here, lol.

EDIT:  Sorry just realized you were talking about the Matty coupe for the windscreen, not the Javelin.  Not so easy there.

I sold my BBO AMX last year. I loved it but it was too nice and valuable to drive. I have more fun with the Javelin because I can drive it without worrying about every little stone chip or parking lot ding.

Edited by CamJam - Jun/02/2020 at 1:52pm
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

mopar63 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2020 at 3:12am
some small progress being made ,I fitted new ignition barrel and keys, 1/2 way through sorting the exhaust, have given the brakes a once over and they are now working,fitted shifter, and now about to sort out the wiring which has had all wires to the engine cut for some  stupid reason, 
firing the old girl up won't too be far away !
and also big thanks to ross - 401 matador coupe- for sending me the missing bonnet latchesSmile

Edited by mopar63 - Jun/09/2020 at 3:20am

mopar63 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2020 at 5:15am
bit of an update ,decided to do some of the rust on passenger side then ended up doing the floors as well,made new rear floorpans up and welded in.
while the interior is out I am going to sort the wiring , may have to take out the lower part of the dash ,does it unbolt ?
I have managed to verify that the 8 track stereo is going -the radio anyway,temp guage ok, indicators,blower fan , ok ,no dash lights and no starter yet.
does anyone know what the relay by the battery is for? ,it has a 'reset switch ' ?? on top ,the wire for the starter relay comes from it,can post a pic of it if needed.
if anyone can help a wiring diagram would be much appreciated if a copy could be emailed to me it would make lfe  a lot easier,
I have put some red on the floors ,deciding one red or the facoty red/orange

mopar63 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2020 at 5:17am
floor pic red looks yukShocked, just taken in bad light ,it's actually a ferrari type blood red ,might look quite good Thumbs Up

bbgjc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbgjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2020 at 5:35am
Hey Sean,
John former from down in Lower Hutt.   Nice find!   I almost bought and OZ build 75 Matty Coupe when I was over NZ!    

I actually have the Worlds ugliest Matty Coupe and it's LemonsRacing approved and award winning.  It is the most fun to face, since we all know we aren't going to flat out out pace anyone.

Let me know if I can help.  I may have a few stock parts left from the race car.

bbgjc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbgjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2020 at 5:37am
mopar63 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2020 at 6:35am
Ha ! yep i/ve seen that, great stuff !, I remember talking to you  ?on the forum? a few years ago when I had my AMX and Javelin,hope all is well with you.
my biggest headache is finding a screen,it's actually nearly impossible to source one I sort of have a plan B for that if I can't get one that doesn't cost less than the car,LOL

JERSEYJOE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JERSEYJOE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2020 at 8:44am
Great project!  Always wanted one of those.
1985 J-20 PLOW TRUCK
1977 CJ 7 360 T-18 D 300
1970 AMX ex-SCCA car

SPEED COSTS MONEY HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?
Girthquake View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Girthquake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2020 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by bbgjc bbgjc wrote:

Hey Sean,
John former from down in Lower Hutt.   Nice find!   I almost bought and OZ build 75 Matty Coupe when I was over NZ!    

I actually have the Worlds ugliest Matty Coupe and it's LemonsRacing approved and award winning.  It is the most fun to face, since we all know we aren't going to flat out out pace anyone.

Let me know if I can help.  I may have a few stock parts left from the race car.

He's got a Blue Öyster Cult shirt on, he can be trusted
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2020 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Girthquake Girthquake wrote:

Originally posted by bbgjc bbgjc wrote:

Hey Sean,

He's got a Blue Öyster Cult shirt on, he can be trusted

Interesting.  Love BOC and AMC.  Both are considered a little odd ball by the sheeple crowd but they are both a super band/auto brand.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic