TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Master cylinder piston stop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote First_Gear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Master cylinder piston stop
    Posted: May/16/2022 at 9:32am
This might be a long shot but can anyone measure this part for me? Take a photo? It is underneath the hydraulic brake light switch. Based on the photo in the tsm it looks like a brass carburetor jet. I'm rebuilding my MC and mine is missing. I think I can make a new one on my lathe I just need dimensions.
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2022 at 10:40am
Without more information on make/model it's a little hard.
If your talking about one of these, you can probably get the dimensions from the pictures:
First_Gear View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote First_Gear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2022 at 10:44am
It's a 1966 rambler classic with the 9" wagner link type brakes. The MC is original
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2022 at 12:13pm
First_Gear View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote First_Gear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2022 at 3:59pm
I don't think that's it. To add to the confusion the MC was made by bendix. It's just the actual brakes that are a wagner system and the amc literature refers to it as the "wagner link type brakes". I think I can make something that will be pretty close to the original. The threads are 1/4 -28. It's slotted for a screw driver and a hole in the center. It resembles a carburetor jet. I think it's brass. The only thing I wasn't sure about is how tall the unthreaded bit protrudes into the M/C but I should be able to figure something out through experimentation. I just bought a 1/4-28 brass hex bolt on ebay. Shouldn't take me long to modify it. I think it's easier than starting from scratch, having to thread it etc. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic