TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Lunati Cam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gremlin401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lunati Cam
    Posted: Jun/03/2023 at 9:23am
https://www.lunatipower.com/voodoo-hydraulic-flat-tappet-cam-amc-v8-290-401-262-268.html

I'm thinking about this cam or something similar for a 360. How well will this do on the street? Seems to be the only mild flat tappet cam with food street manners. I'm wanting a street strip car. Don't wanna sacrifice the street manners and lose vacuum.
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2023 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Gremlin401 Gremlin401 wrote:

https://www.lunatipower.com/voodoo-hydraulic-flat-tappet-cam-amc-v8-290-401-262-268.html

I'm thinking about this cam or something similar for a 360. How well will this do on the street? Seems to be the only mild flat tappet cam with food street manners. I'm wanting a street strip car. Don't wanna sacrifice the street manners and lose vacuum.
Is a hydraulic cam really $314 now? That cam will have a noticeable idle, according to the writeup. It depends upon your definition of a "mild flat tappet cam with good street manners." My guess is about 13-14 inches vacuum at 850 rpm idle.
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2023 at 12:42pm
Have used both the 701 and 702 and IMO the 701 has the benefit of better street manners and more useful torque. If your building with components for running in the higher RPM range more often then the 702 will serve you well.
wrebelmachine View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrebelmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2023 at 2:04pm
That is crazy that cam was $189 about a month ago. 
Javelin390 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2023 at 10:44am
Prices are crazy over the past few years
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2023 at 2:40pm
Gremlin401 - might want to take a look at and consider a solid lifter flat tappet cam from Schneider Cams.
wrebelmachine View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrebelmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2023 at 8:18pm
Schneider Crower Erson flat tappet might be a better choice
hacksaw1971 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2023 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Gremlin401 Gremlin401 wrote:

wow.  thats alot for a hydro stick. wonder if im asking enuff for mine ...lol
good intake and carb headers with a 4 speed id go 702.  701 should be able to run your vacuum stuff and be ok thumping along in traffic..... jmo  out of stock just like everyone else.

Edited by hacksaw1971 - Jun/08/2023 at 11:11pm
its the little things that make the biggest difference
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic