TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Lost Dealership Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 44>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2022 at 1:16pm
Awesome thread, Frank.  Thanks for compiling all this.  I have one more you can add to the list in California:

ECONOMY RAMBLER, 243 E. HOLT, POMONA

My parents bought a new '63 Rambler Classic from them.  I was with them, age 7, and little did I know it would start a lifelong fascination with American Motors for me.

Here's how the building looks today:

Edited by CamJam - Apr/03/2023 at 9:37pm
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

davec1957 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davec1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2022 at 8:51am
Most of the older (pre-1971) Rambler dealers that I know of are not on the list starting on page 10 of this thread. I found a way of getting many of the old dealership names by looking through old newspaper archives in hopes of finding Rambler advertisements. This  worked well, as the sample I am including here contains all the AMC dealers in Massachusetts in one advertisement. I found a couple dozen of these ads for various cities/states around the country. I had to crop the image to fit this site, so hopefully it can be seen clearly enough to see all the dealerships.

1970 AMX Bayshore Blue 390 4-spd GoPac
1970 AMX Commodore Blue 390 4-spd GoPac
Autostocks View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autostocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2022 at 9:05am
Originally posted by pacerman pacerman wrote:

I think Zone 25 was a Jeep sales zone.  I think the AMC sales zones all had even numbers.   If you can find the glove box manual for close to the year of your Jeep, the sales zones should be listed along with the warranty information in the book.  Joe

I bought a reprint of a glove box manual on eBay. You are correct, the zones are listed, but no zone numbers.
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2022 at 7:45am
There are new lists on page 40. Those probably have some of the "missing" dealers, but I'm sure not all. I'll take a look at that 71 advertisement and add those if they aren't there... when I get a chance!!
Frank Swygert
Steve Biegler View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steve Biegler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2022 at 1:01pm
Great Info!  I've got an update for you.  Aberdeen SD Biegler's Inc. started in 1929 with Nash by my Grandfather Leo Biegler.  He was joined by my Father LeRoy then Me, Steve followed by my son Matt.  We lost the Jeep Franchise when Chrysler went Bankrupt in 2009.  Had all the offspring of the Nash franchise right up to the end.  Our old building still stands and is in very good shape.  If you call the phone number I will still answer it!  We are currently a Yamaha dealer, something I added in 1996 and my son and I continue to operate.
dltowers View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dltowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2022 at 1:05pm
Yamaha?
Motorcycles?
My parents were Yamaha Dealers from February, 1964 until January, 1982….
Original Owner, 1974 Javelin:
360ci,2v,727TC. Motorola Multiplex with 8-Track.
G4 Plum exterior with 421Q Black Uganda Interior. Purchased on July 16, 1974 from Hooker AMC, Sherman, TX for $4500.20
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steve Biegler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2022 at 1:17pm
Yamaha Motorcycles, ATV's, Watercraft, Power products.  Great company to work with.  Reminds me of the old AMC days.
BU1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BU1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2022 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Steve Biegler Steve Biegler wrote:

Yamaha Motorcycles, ATV's, Watercraft, Power products.  Great company to work with.  Reminds me of the old AMC days.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
AMO #2726
#1 1968 AMX Rally Green 343 Z code 4spd since 1975 #02642
#2 1968 AMX Rally Green 290 N code 4spd since 2019 #02959
Autostocks View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autostocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2022 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Steve Biegler Steve Biegler wrote:

Great Info!  I've got an update for you.  Aberdeen SD Biegler's Inc. started in 1929 with Nash by my Grandfather Leo Biegler.  He was joined by my Father LeRoy then Me, Steve followed by my son Matt.  We lost the Jeep Franchise when Chrysler went Bankrupt in 2009.  Had all the offspring of the Nash franchise right up to the end.  Our old building still stands and is in very good shape.  If you call the phone number I will still answer it!  We are currently a Yamaha dealer, something I added in 1996 and my son and I continue to operate.

Thanks for sharing this.  Would you happen to recall your AMC and Jeep zone numbers and dealer numbers?
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Biegler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2022 at 7:18am
Minneapolis zone.  36-23661 as I recall.  I'll do a little digging this weekend.  I've got the letter from AMC renewing our franchise in 1974 if I remember correctly.  I was a ripe old 14 at the time.  Sold my first used car that year and my first new one in '76.  Blue Gremlin X.  Never forget it.  Absolutely the best of times.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 44>
  Share Topic