TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Lexan windshield?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomerekson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lexan windshield?
    Posted: Jan/19/2021 at 10:34am
Is there a source for pre-formed Lexan windshields for 70-77 Hornets/Gremlins?  Building a land speed race ccar, 75 Hornet hatchback, and would like to use a Lexan windshield.  Pro Glass in northern Illinois will make a one-off from an actual windshield, other options?
1966 American HT, 401 with STR 11, T10
1979 Spirit GT, 401, T10
1975 Hornet Hatchback, 440 c.i. stroked 401, to be an LSR race car
1930 Essex coupe, to be a 401 with 3 deuces, TKX 5 speed, hot rod
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2021 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Tomerekson Tomerekson wrote:

Is there a source for pre-formed Lexan windshields for 70-77 Hornets/Gremlins?  Building a land speed race ccar, 75 Hornet hatchback, and would like to use a Lexan windshield.  Pro Glass in northern Illinois will make a one-off from an actual windshield, other options?
Having Bob at Proglass make one for you is the best option. They are not that expensive and they do a great job. Now if you want to build a box, get a heater, and try to do it yourself your going to end up with more money and probably a lot less quality. I've bought Proglass windows for the last 24-years and I wouldn't even begin to waste my time trying to do it for no more than they charge.

Tom
Molnar Technologies Full Service Dealer - Crankshafts & Connecting Rods

1969 AMC Rambler Rouge Race Car
1974 AMC Hornet Hatchback, Wally Booth Outlaw Nostalgic Pro Stock Race Car Project
ajzamc360 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajzamc360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2021 at 4:18am
i know i made my own for my spirit just based on cardboard and a piece of 3/16. Riveted in all the way around. Still had to make supports, but instead of paying $300 or so (best guess) i literally have $100 and a sense of accomplishment in mine. and Faith. 
-Broke 'N' $till $pendin' Racing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic